Visiting Sal

{Y/N POV}

I'm standing outside of Sal and Neil's place. I wonder if they're home. I mean, it is kinda early so they might have classes. For me, though, I'm taking a gap year since 1) Maddie's back and I want to spend more time with her and 2) I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Suddenly the door opens.

"Oh, hey Neil. Is Sal home?"

"Yeah, but he's still sleeping. I've tried to walk him but it's no use. Maybe you can?" I nod and enter the house.

I make my way to Sal's room. It's been a while since I last visited, so I wonder if he did anything different. I slowly open the door to see him still sleeping. I tip toe my way to him and slowly sit on his bed. I lightly shake him.

"Hey, Sal? It's me, Y/N. We were supposed to hang out today, remember? Larry's hanging out with his mom today and-"

"Leave me alone." I quickly turn my head to see him.

"What?"

"What's going on? No... no I don't wanna go in there..." Oh boy, I forgot all about his nightmares. Hopefully this still works.

I climb on the other side of the bed and lay next to him. I stroke his face and instantly he starts to calm down. I run my fingers through his straight, tangled hair. Then I whisper:

"Y/N's here. Everything is going to be okay. You have your dad, friends, Gizmo and me. Nothing is going to happen. Just wake up and look at me." He takes a deep breath and slowly opens his eye. After all these years, it's still weird that he only had one eye. When he sees me he relaxes. "Feeling okay?"

"Yeah, better now. Thanks."  He rises and sits. I do the same.

"How bad was it?"

"Eh, y'know, weird as fuck like always. But it was kinda... different."

"How so?"

"I can't really explain."

"That's okay. At least you're fine." Suddenly he hugs me, which I happily return.

"It's crazy after all these years after I moved and thinking I would never see you again, here you are." We both share a laugh.

"I know... crazy." I try to break from the hug, but Sal refused.

"Oh no. You're not going anywhere just yet." I laugh.

"Okay, fine." We sit there for a couple of minutes until Sal realizes something.

"Shit, where's my phone?"

"Is it charging?"

"Nope, don't see it."

"Maybe Neil knows?"

"Maybe. I'll be right back." I nod as he gets off the bed and out of his room. I see his pj shirt. It was the one we made when we were seven.

God, I can't believe he still has that

God, I can't believe he still has that. Can't believe that I still have that. I chuckle to myself. I get off of his bed and explore. Nothing new, just a plain old room. Sal enters the room. "Hey, found it?"

"Yeah, but it's dead. Meanwhile, you wanna come with me to the garage?" I nod and follow him. We go down to the basement where Gizmo is... watching T.V.? He always was a weird cat.

"Gizmo! Where do you keep on getting those stickers from?" Gizmo just meows. I chuckle while Sal face palms. We exit the basement and after Sal unlocks it, we enter the garage. Inside, it shows blueprints, maps and pictures from the beginning of the cult's activities.

"Wow, I missed a lot huh?" Sal chuckles.

"Yeah, ya really did."

"How long..."

"Five years. Five whole years searching. But nothing." He sighs.

"Don't say that! Sure, you may not have caught anyone yet, but from the stories that all of you had said to me I think you guys are doing well."

"Maybe... when Todd get's back I need to talk to him about all this." Suddenly, my phone rings. I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Maddie. Listen, I need you to come home. Somethings... not right."

"Maddie? What do you mean?"

"I know that I shouldn't be snooping but I went into Aunt Carol's room and-".

"Wait, you know she doesn't allow that!"

"I know! But I went in and found a few... things. Stuff, I'm not sure. Could you come and check it out? Bring Sal with you, he might know what's going on."

"Okay, I'll be there. See you."

"Bye." I hang up the phone.

"Everything okay?" I shake my head.

"Maddie found some things in my aunts room. She wants us to take a look." Sal nods and we both start sprinting to Aunt Carol's place.

{time skip!}

"What the hell?" I look at Aunt Carol's room. It looks normal, but on the bed is a black coat with some maps along with a journal. On the map, Addison Apartments is circled many times. "What does this mean?"

"I think your aunt may be working with the cult." I look at Sal.

"...What?"

--

Whoo! Another chapter finished. How was that? I will be incorporate some events from episode 4 in this story, but only the key details. I just hope it doesn't turn out too messy. See you soon!