Mental Check Marks

{Y/N POV}

"...What? But how? She never really-"

"She must be really good at hiding it then." I look at Sal, my eyes still wide.

"B-but it doesn't make sense! She never seemed mysterious or out of the ordinary! She was just..."

"Normal. Too normal." I now look at Maddie. "Did she, like, do anything that made you a little curious?"

"I mean, you know, ever since I was born, Aunt Carol would always run early in the mornings. She still did that went I moved in years ago. But I didn't find that weird." Sal grabbed the coat. He examined it and saw something.

"Theirs a pocket." He reaches in and finds his Gear Boy. "What the hell? I've been looking for this everywhere! But why would she have this..." Suddenly, we hear a knock at the front door, making us all jump.

"Maddie! Could you open the door love? I forgot my key again haha." Sal puts the Gear Boy back. We all exit her room quickly and I lock it.

"Yeah, be there in a sec!" She turns to us, whispering. "What the fuck do we do?"

"Just act normal. We have to get some sort of answers out of her." Sal whispered back. We all nod and Maddie opens the door.

"Oh! Hello by two beautiful nieces!.. and Sal. What brings you here?" She has this... creepy smile. First mental note: creepy aura, check.

"Eh, nothing much. Just wanted to hang out with my best friend and her sister." Sal is weirdly calm about this whole situation. Maybe he's done this before?

"Oh, how wonderful! How about I prepare dinner?" We all nod. She happily skips to the kitchen. Okay, is it just me or does she seem like she's high on... something. Very happy, check.

"Can I ask you a question, Carol?" She hums. "Why do you keep your room locked?" She tenses up, then continues.

"Well, for one I have really important files in their for work! And two, it's rather boring in their if you ask me." She giggles.

"Yeah... almost like you have something to hide." Everyone looks at me, eyes wide. Me? I'm creepily calm.

Sal whispers, "What are you DOING?" Without moving my head, I move my eyes to look at him. I wink.

"Aunt Carol, don't think anything bad about it! I just have those senses, y'know..." She clears her throat.

"R-right! I forgot you have that, uh... sense hehe. Don't worry dear, everything is fine, I promise." She puts the chicken in the oven and vegetables on the pan. I raise an eyebrow while her back is turned.

"Well! Would you look at the time! I better get home to my lover." I turn to the door leaving everyone gobsmacked.

Prove that she's a liar... check.

{time skip!}

I unlock my door and enter. Larry and I are living in a nice, tiny apartment that Aunt Carol helped me pay off. "Larry? You home?"
Larry steps out of the bathroom with only a towel on, ringing his wet hair with another. I smirk, still being creepily calm. Then, the angry hits.

"Guess what I found out today!" I shout. I think I scared him... oh well.

"What's up sweetheart?"

"Before I continue..." I look him up and down. "Go change." He sighs and walks to our room. After a few mins, he steps out in his pj's.

"So, what did you wanna tell me?" I take a deep breath.

"I think my aunt's associated with the cult." Larry freezes.

"...What?" I look down.

"Yeah. My aunt never, and I mean NEVER lets Maddie and I go in her room. It's been like that for years. Now, she left her room unlocked. Maddie was curious and peeked inside. She then called me and told me to come over and to bring Sal too. As soon as we got there and looked in her room, Sal immediately knew. She had a black coat on her bed with a map that had Addison Apartments circled in red... too many times." I look up at Larry.

"I'm speechless. Are you..."

"Decently sure. I made mental check marks in my head and everything!"

"So what are you going to do?" I shrug.

"I've never dealt with this. I guess I'll talk with Sal tomorrow. You wanna come?" He nods.

"Okay, well, I'm hitting the hay. You joining?" He opened his arms out. I sluggishly walk over to him to be engulfed in a bear hug. We both chuckle as I yawn. "Did you sleep at all last night."

"Not really. I kept having that dream."

"Don't let it bother ya. It's just a dream... right?" I nod as I bury my head deeper in his chest. He rests his chin on top of my head and rubs my back. If legs didn't get tired, I would've probably stayed like this forever.

"Yeah... just a dream." Larry picks me up and carries me to bed. He kisses my temple, then my lips. He lays next to me and hugs me from behind.

This all doesn't feel... real. I just hope I'm wrong...

Hiya! My inspo hit, which means a chapter during the week! Yay! Also, we are almost at 10k reads on the first book of the series! What?! That's insane! Anyway, I'm also going to hit the hay. G'night!