CHAPTER 5

"Scarlett." 

 At the sound of Val's voice I immediately straightened up and pushed myself out of the guys arms. I was wrestling with my t-shirt when I felt someone push my hands away, pulling the shirt from where it was tangled over my face. If I'm being honest, I was scared to open my eyes because I knew Val would be quite angry. With that being said, my drunk brain pushed all sober thoughts of fear away and peeped one eye open with an innocent smirk on my face.

"Yes, friend?" To say he was pissed would be an understatement. If I had to explain Val's face at the moment, it would be like those cartoon characters who's faces go really red and steam comes out of their ears.

"Did we not just have a conversation about your drinking issues?" he spoke through clenched teeth.  Shit.  

"Yes, BUT, we're celebrating. Something. I think?"

"You have problems."

"I'm aware. Now I am going to continue to bask in the glory of being the greatest fucking keg stander of all TIME." At that the guys once again cheered for me. The look on Val's face showed me that he was anything but amused.

"Listen I know what this looks like, but I'm trying ok?" I lowered my voice so only he could hear.

"Doing keg stands is you trying?" I smirked.

"You know I can't say no to a drinking competition. Nate is my older brother, it's practically in my blood." Val looked at me with a weird expression that I couldn't quite place.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing. It's just...this is the first time you've said something about Nate, or actually hung out with the guys, in months." I felt my heart clench at the sound of his name, but I pushed it away.

"I told you, I'm trying."

"I guess you're right."

"Now are you going to party with me, or are you too old?"

"I'm only 25 Scar, and I can still outdrink you any day of the damn week."

"We'll have to see about that."

"First I have some people I want to introduce you too. The patch over was just made official and I want you to meet the new guys." He put his arm around me, leading me back to the bar where most of the guys were. Some were playing pool and some were talking to the club girls.

"Alright everybody listen up. There's someone important you guys need to meet. This is Scarlett. She is our sister and if any one of you lays a single finger on her, you'll have me and the rest of your brothers to answer to." I rolled my eyes at that. He introduced me to Neo, the guy who's ass I had just whooped in the keg stand competition, the one they called the Crow, who was pretty fucking terrifying, Ryder, Flash and Diesel. All pretty large and pretty scary looking biker guys with some of the coolest tattoos I had ever seen. They all gave me warm smiles, even Neo, who was still upset that he got his ass handed to him by a girl.

"Where the fuck is Jax?" just as he said that, a guy came stumbling out of the bathroom with cigarette hanging from his lips, his hands fumbling with the zipper on his jeans. One of the club girls came stumbling out after him, wiping her lips. He gave her a smirk as she walked away, lighting his cigarette before looking up. My breath caught in my throat when his eyes caught mine. His light hair was pulled into a messy bun at the nape of his neck. His green eyes were practically fucking sparkling. He had stubble along his sharp jaw and full lips. His skin was mostly covered by the white long sleeve shirt he wore under his cut, but I could see the tattoos creeping out on his neck and hands. For some reason, I felt like I had seen him before.