CHAPTER 6

"Holy fuck."

That was my first thought when I woke up. I hadn't even opened my eyes and I could feel my whole body already aching profusely.

"I can't say that this is the first time I've woken up to a woman having that reaction." I jumped out of the bed, landing in a heap of limbs on the floor, my head pounding in protest.

"WHAT THE FUCK? WHO ARE YOU?" I barely recognized the fucking Adonis in my bed, but I knew I had met him before. He had made himself comfortable in my bed, his arms tucked behind his head and a smirk on his face. I tried to remember what happened last night after my little chat with Val, but my mind came up blank.  I remembered meeting him, he was the new VP.  I remember Val telling me to stay away from him, then he brought up Anastasia and I guess I lost my shit.  I looked down and sighed with relief. I was still wearing my clothes from last night, which was a good sign.

"You keep forgetting me. It's kind of fucking up my ego. I mean, you did practically beg me to stay with you last night." I gasped.

"Did I really? Fuck, I really need to stop drinking." I think we both knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Ouch."

"No, it's just...you're Jax, right?" Of course he was. I would recognize those eyes any day of the week, despite my track record of being slightly under the influence every time I saw him. If I thought he looked good last night, he looked even better in the morning. He nodded and pushed his hair out of his face and I realized he was shirtless. In my bed. Fuck. His tattoos were beautiful and he was covered, from his chest, to his torso, to his...

I forced myself to remember Val's warning.

"You should go." He smirked before pushing himself up.

"I should, but I don't want to. And I don't think you want me to either." My stomach dropped and it felt like little fucking butterflies were dancing around. I wanted them to fuck off. Or maybe it was...

Yup. Definitely vomit. I rushed to the bathroom before emptying my stomach into the toilet.

"Well, I have to admit that this is the first time I've gotten that reaction." I gave him the finger. I heard him moving around and saw his feet enter the bathroom from where my head was resting against the toilet. Even his legs had tattoos. It was like he knew they were my weakness. He handed me a glass of water, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Ok drunky, I should get out of here before Val sees me and rips off my dick. That wouldn't be good, for either of us." He winked at me and I felt my face flush. I really blushed, like a goddamn high schooler. Jesus. Before I could say anything, he was gone. I breathed out the air I didn't realize I was holding, and decided that I was truly fucked. I knew I had to stay as far away from that man as possible, and I knew it would not be easy. He was one of those people that pulls you in, despite the fact that I didn't know a goddamn thing about him. But I knew nothing could happen between us, for the sake of Val and the club.

I took a shower, throwing on some fitted sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt with my sneakers, leaving my hair to dry naturally. I was more into my skin care than makeup, so I usually left my face bare. I contemplated hiding out in my room all day, but Val would probably kill me if I didn't go to work. I was mostly just working the front desk, but if the guys were busy with clients I would usually take walk-ins for ink or piercings. Not that many walk into a biker clubs tattoo shop, but there were a couple brave ones. When I got there most of the guys were busy with their appointments, so I decided to work on some sketches. I wasn't a full blown artist, but I loved to draw. Nate used to tell me that he knew I would be an artist from the way I used to draw on the kitchen walls of the clubhouse when I ran out of paper. When I first discovered tattoos, I fell in love with them. I loved hearing peoples stories about them and why they got them, even if it was just because they liked the way it looked. I was working on a sketch for Leila, one of the old ladies from the club, when the chime on the door rang and in walked the devil himself.