CHAPTER 24

SCARLETT POV

After our little heart to heart, we headed back to the King's clubhouse. I greeted Buddy, who was looking at Jax like if he made one wrong move he would rip his limbs from his body. It made me laugh. I headed to the bar, giving the bartender, Stacey, a small smile as she slid me my regular.

"Rough night, doll?" she must have noticed the sullen expression on my face.

"You could say that." I downed my drink in one go, sliding the glass back to her. As she was pouring my next drink, I felt someone sit beside me. I saw Stacey's eyes go wide and she straightened up a bit, putting on her best smile. I knew it had to be Jax.

"Can I get you anything, honey?"

"Jack and coke. Make it a double." I looked at him and saw that he was giving her his signature smirk, sending jealousy running through my body. I grabbed my drink and moved to where Buddy was playing pool. He handed me a cue, nodding at where Jax was talking to Stacey.

"Please give me a reason to beat his ass." His voice was gruff and I laughed, lightly hitting his arm. He smiled and moved to make his shot.

"He's alright, Buddy."

"He hurts you, I kill him. Same thing goes for any of you fuckers." He called out pointing at the other guys, making me laugh loudly. I followed his eyes back to where Jax was still at the bar, his hand running up Stacey's arm now. I had an urge to rip it out of its socket. I grabbed the bottle of whiskey that was sitting by the pool table, chugging some and then holding it out to Buddy. He smiled and took a drink, knowing exactly where this night was going.

An hour later and we had kicked off our shoes, hopping up on the pool table and using the cues as microphones. We were singing Led Zeppelin, Buddy dropping to his knees to play the air guitar. The guys were cheering us on. I looked around, subconsciously looking for a familiar pair of green eyes, only to find he was MIA and so was Stacey. I ignored the stab in my chest and drank some more, waiting for my mind to go blank.

I awoke to Buddy flicking my nose, telling me I should probably go to bed. I realized I had fallen asleep on the pool table and my back was destroyed. I groaned and went back to my room, not bothering to turn on the lights as I pulled my dress down and threw my body into bed. I was getting comfy when I heard a groan come from next to me, making me jump out of the bed and land on my ass. I groaned in pain.

"Scar?" Jax's voice was husky, setting a fire in the pit of my stomach.

"Jax? What the fuck are you doing in my bed?"

"I didn't know where else to sleep." He said sheepishly and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"There's a great couch downstairs. Super comfy, you'll love it." I got up and began pulling his arm, trying to drag him out of my bed and making him groan.

"No. I'm comfy here." I sighed deeply and moved to grab a shirt and a blanket so I could sleep on the couch, but he tugged his arm that I was holding on to, making me tumble into the bed and land with my face in his chest. He moved so I was pressed against him, his arms wrapping around me. The warmth of his skin seeped into my own.

"What are you doing?" I choked out.

"Cuddling. Friends cuddle right?"

"NO. I mean I guess..." I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. "but no. Are you not wearing pants?"

"..." His lack of a snarky response was enough of an answer.  I slapped the side of his head.

"OUT. NOW."