CHAPTER 22

The fights were held at an abandoned warehouse that someone had turned into a club. Dom didn't say much during the car ride, which I was grateful for. I didn't have it in me to explain what happened that night.

I walked in behind Dom, hiding behind his broad shoulders. He was shaking hands with almost everyone we passed by, people calling out to him like he was a damn celebrity. I pulled my jacket tighter around myself as a group of guys gave me appreciative looks. Dom pulled me into him, wrapping his arm around my waist and glaring at the guys. I smiled at him appreciatively. We hung around for a bit, waiting for the fight so start. One of the girls gave me the large signs with the round numbers on them. I went up after every round, holding up the sign while the crowd cheered and I tried not to get blood on my white converse.

After the fight was over, I made my way to the bar for a drink, keeping an eye out for Dom. I spotted him talking to a Titans prospect at the same time that I saw a large figure making their way over to me from the corner of my eye. I downed the rest of my drink, ready to make my way over to Dom before he got lost in the crowd. Before I could move, I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me back into my seat. I looked at Jax, the anger clear on his face. He began to say something, but I pulled my wrist away from him and got up.

"Stop fucking running away from me Scarlett."

"Then stop fucking following me. I'm here for a reason, and it has nothing to do with you. Do yourself a favour and just stay the fuck out of my way." I pulled away before he could say anything more, weaving through the crowd to try to get to Dom. He found me before I found him, pulling me onto the dance floor. He pulled me against him, leaning down so his mouth was at my ear.

"Play along Scarlett." He flipped me around so my back was against his chest and we were moving to the music.

"No luck with the prospect, he saw my cut and wouldn't say 2 words to me. I followed him and he has a booth at the back. He's the only one from the Titans that's here, so you need to get to him."

"How am I supposed to do that?" He spun me back around so I was facing him, giving me a look.

"I got you that dress for a reason. I need you to get him away from his buddies, bring him to the private room in the back, last door on the left. I will be there waiting for you."

"And what am I supposed to do about that?" I nodded to where Jax was standing at the bar, his eyes never leaving us as he downed his drink.

"Jesus Christ. That's your problem Scarlett, he's here for you not me." I sighed, pulling away from Dom and running a hand through my hair.

"Ok. I'm going to go to his booth now, meet me at the room. Do not let Jax get in the way of this." He nodded, moving past me. I made my way to the booths at the back of the club, instantly spotting my target. As I moved away from Dom, I could see Jax following me from the corner of my eye. I quickened my pace, losing him in the crowd as I made my way towards the booth. I saw my target, surrounded by girls and bottles. I cursed Dom and this goddamn dress before I made my way over to him. I made sure to catch his eye, holding his gaze as I danced a couple feet away from him. I beckoned him to me and watched as he pushed the girl who was sitting in his lap off him. He began to move towards me and I started making my way through the dancefloor to the rooms at the back, knowing he would follow. We were almost there when I felt him pull me into him, his hands running down my body and making me want to throw up. I let him spin me around to face him, avoiding his lips by bringing mine to his ear.

"We should go somewhere more private." I let my lips brush his ear as I spoke. I felt him chuckle.

"Can't resist me can you?" he smirked proudly and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Absolutely." He smirked again, clearly not understanding the concept of sarcasm. I pulled him to the room, letting him trip over my foot and fall to the floor. Dom was sitting in a chair waiting, his gun casually resting on his knee. The prospect looked at Dom, then back to me and let out a groan.

"Jesus. I knew this was too good to be true." I gave him an apologetic smirk and shrugged my shoulders.

"Listen man, we just need a couple answers and then you can go back to hanging around with your buddies."

"I'm not telling you shit, I'm no rat."

"It has nothing to do with your club business. We need some information about a job your president did. An attack against the Sons of Shadows clubhouse." The guy smirked on from his place on the floor as he studied me.

"Ah, I see it now. You're the sister. How does it feel knowing your brother died for you?" I felt my heart stop in my chest.

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"From what I heard it was either you or him. He knows what you mean to the club, what you meant to your brother." His voice was laced with the venom of a never-ending feud between two clubs. "Either way the boss has been planning on ruining the Sons of Shadows MC for years." I felt like the rage inside me turn to a feeling I had gotten used to. I couldn't count how many times I had wished it had been me who was killed that night, but I couldn't think about that right now. I needed to be strong, to pretend that this information wasn't eating me alive. I walked up to him, kicking him as hard as I could in the stomach.

"Tell me whatever you know or I swear to God I will send you back to your boss in fucking pieces."

"You don't scare me, little girl." Dom stood up from his chair, dragging the guy up from the floor and shoving him against the wall.

"Then it's a good thing she's not the one you have to worry about." Dom smirked and proceeded to beat the shit out of the guy until the crisp white shirt he was wearing was covered in blood.

"Just give us some information and we will let you go." The guy wheezed out a breath.

"The club had nothing to do with the attack."

"And?"

"I heard stuff. That the president had something to do with it, but it wasn't him who pulled the trigger. He made a guy from another club do it because he owed him. He did it that way on purpose so that if the Sons tried to get retaliation, it would start a goddamn war. He made it practically impossible to trace it back to him."

"Who did he hire?"

"No one knows. I swear man, he never told anyone and he never will." Dom let him go and he slumped to the floor. I felt guilt course through me as I looked at his broken body.

"You should get out while you can kid, you'll never last in this life." Dom said before pushing me out the door. I looked back at the guy, realizing now that he looked barely a year older than I was. I saw him grip his hair and groan out in frustration, the guilt inside me amplifying. Then I looked at Dom, covered in blood and unfazed, and hoped the guy took his advice and got out while he still could.