CHAPTER 20

It had been almost 2 weeks since I came to stay with Dom. I still hadn't turned my phone on. I doubted Val was worried, this wasn't the first time I had disappeared. I had spent most of my time in the gym, giving the guys tattoos in the garage or drinking with my new best friend Buddy. I barely saw Dom, which I was grateful for. Today was no different from the rest. Most of the guys were practically begging me to tattoo them. Ace's shop was the only one in town, and since he was gone I was their only option. I went by the shop a couple times, I felt like I had to see it for myself. The windows were boarded up, the sign had been taken down and thrown carelessly on the side of the road. I don't know why but I took it, throwing it in the back of the Jeep.

I sat in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I tried not to think too much about how my life had completely fallen apart since my brother died. How me and Anastasia would've been at school by now. Maybe her and Nate would be together. I would've been mad at first for lying to me, but Nate deserved the kind of love I knew Anastasia could give him.

I thought about where I would be. Would I have met Ace or Dom? Would the club still have patched over? Would I know Jax? I let my mind linger on that thought, just for a second. I imagined what it would be like if me and Jax had met at a different time, that all I would have to worry about was if Nate would like him or not. I forced myself to push that thought away. None of that mattered now, the only thing that did was me finding who killed my brother. I would find him, even if it killed me. They were responsible for all of this, and I would make damn sure that they paid. My thoughts were interrupted by Dom barging into my room, throwing a bag on the bed.

"You're going to need that. We're going to the fights tonight." My heart raced with excitement. I jumped up, throwing my arms around Dom's neck before I realized what I was doing. His arms wrapped around me before I could pull away. He chuckled.

"I wouldn't thank me just yet." I pulled back to see the smirk on his face. He nodded towards the bag. I narrowed my eyes at him, pulling out the piece of material from the bag. I wanted to say it was a dress, but it only looked like it was slightly longer than a shirt. The material was strong and I knew it would be tight as hell. The neckline was low in the front and the entire back was open. I barked out a laugh.

"I take it as I'm not fighting?"

"Nope. You're not even fully healed from the last...situation." He winced at the memory. "Don't worry, I got you in for something better." The smirk on his face told me that whatever it was, I was not going to like it.

"I'm not wearing this Dom. No fucking way."

"If you want to find out who killed your brother, you will. We're leaving at 9. Fight starts at 11 but the ring card girl needs be there early."

"Ring card girl?" I gritted out through clenched teeth. He saw the anger in my eyes and smiled smugly.

"Be ready." He gave me one last smirk before walking out the door. I threw the dress on the bed.

"I'm not wearing heels Dom!" I called out after him. He turned around, walking backwards while eyeing me up and down.

"Trust me Scar, they won't be looking at your feet." I grabbed the first thing I saw, which happened to be my hairbrush, and chucked it at him. It barely missed him and he laughed, running down the hall. I couldn't help but laugh too, feeling the excitement course through me. After 7 months of waiting around and doing nothing, it felt fucking amazing to know that tonight was the first step to finding out who was responsible for the death of my brother.

After watching Netflix all day, I decided it was finally time to get ready for tonight. I took a shower, letting the warm water wash away any nervousness I felt. I dried my hair so that it was straight, falling almost to my collarbones now. I didn't have much makeup with me, so I put on some eyeliner, making my eyes look more intense and my favourite dark lipstick. I eyed the dress on my bed, scared to see what it looked like on. Before I could put it on Dom barged into my room for the second time today, looking panicked. Just as he opened his mouth to say something, another person shoved him aside, forcing himself into the room. My mouth went dry at the sight of him, the room suddenly feeling way too crowded. He pointed at me, a look of pure anger on his face.

"You have a lot of goddamn explaining to do."