Epilogue

"Appa...I don't wanna go to school. W-what it people make fun of me?"
I smile down at Yoon-Jae. Now six years old and going to his first day of school. Human school. Something Hoseok and I would have dreamed or doing.
I touch his cheek softly. "Yoonie, you know appa would never let anyone make fun or hurt you, hm?"
He kicks at the air sullenly. "B-But I'm so different. Koya won't be with me." He whines for his brother. Jimin has decided to hold him back one more year while he grows into his ears and tail. Since Yoon-Jae doesn't have to worry about such things we figured it was fine to take him first.
"You're his big brother, baby. When Koya comes to school you have to be his protector, okay?"
He nods, eyes lighting up. "Appa! I'm strong! I'll always protect him and when I'm bigger I'll protect you and daddy, too!" He beams, his little fangs flashing.
My heart stutters. He looks so much like Yoongi. I pull him into my arms tightly. "I'm sorry daddy couldn't come with us." I sigh.
He shrugs his little shoulders. "I know daddy and uncle Minie had to go see uncle Jin."
I bite my lip. Yes. Today's the six year anniversary of Jin's death. They go visit the burned down compound every year to pay respects. It's a very emotional time for Jimin and I'd love to be there for him but I take the kids instead. Koya sleeping soundly in the car behind us as I encourage Yoon-Jae to head on to his class.
Today is the hardest of the entire year. It never gets any easier. I honestly can't imagine what Jimin is feeling right now. He doesn't talk much about Jin or...what happened.
I smile a watery smile at Yoon-Jae as he waves and climbs the stairs. When he's out of sight, I get back in the car as drive towards our house.
Koya yawns and stares out the window. His little peachy ears flattening on his head. "Uncle Kookie?" He says timidly.
"Yes, sweets?" I smile, turning off onto our street.
"Is our uncle coming to visit us again soon? He always comes when daddy and appa leave us."
I frown, not understanding. "Who do you mean? Namjoon and Hoseok are waiting for us at home."
He shakes his head, sticking his bottom lip out. "No, no, the super duper nice uncle! He brings me candy and talks to me a lot."
I sigh. "Honey, there's no other uncles."
He crosses his arms, pouting. "Yes, they is! He's comes to visit me and Yoonie a lot! He's so pretty like an angel." He coos.
My mind immediately goes to Jin and it hurts. Maybe Jin visits them sometimes...from the other side. That thought really hurts.
"Sweetheart, uncle Jin is gone. He can't visit you." I explain patiently.
He tilts his head in confusion, scrunching his little nose. "No. His name not Jin, Kookie."
I sigh, playing along. "Oh? Who then?"
He smiles widely. "Uncle TaeTae!"
The smile freezes on my face and I slam on the breaks in shock. W-what. "W-What did you say? How do you know that name?" I know none of us have ever spoken about that bastard to them.
He claps his hands excitedly. "TaeTae! He told us. He says one day we'll come and play games with him! He's so nice!"
My mind is numb as I stare down the street at our house. Taehyung...is dead. He died with Jin...right? He's gone. He can't come back. He just can't. No, this is a lie. Why would Koya lie about this, though?
"Kookie?"
I swallow hard. "Y-Yeah?"
Koya stares at me through the rear view mirror, smiling widely. "He says he has lots of kids like us! I can't wait to go play with them! Please please let us!"
Oh god...

THE END.