Meeting The Five Gems

I open my eyes to the morning sun shining in through the tent that I'm in. I sit up and I have a slight headache, I look beside me and I see Sazanami slightly stirring. I step outside of the tent, it's still pretty early it seems my parents aren't out yet. I stretch my body out and I look around the open green field that's being illuminated by the warm sun. I squint my eyes under the bright sunlight, this headache is bothering me.

"Why do I have a headache? Also, why does it feel like I was outside in the middle of the night?" I ask myself feeling something seems off.

I suddenly remember going out to use the washroom, then washing my hands. Then I suddenly remember seeing a firefly and coming up to a cherry blossom tree in an open area.

"What happened afterwards? What was I doing?" I ask myself again like I'm going crazy.

Also, why does it feel like I met someone? Why can't I remember what I was doing last night? Was it all a dream? I let out a sigh, not being able to remember a time in your life is quite bothersome. I lift my right hand up to smooth out my hair when it lands on something soft, I gently trace the soft velvety feel of the surface and I gently take it out of my hair. I look at it and I smile at the thing.

"A cherry blossom petal. I was really there at the place. But who put this in my hair? Was I with someone? Why does it feel like I was, I just wish I can remember who..." I say to myself with a frown.

Although I'm a bit down that I can't remember who that person was, but I'm hoping that my memories will return if I happen to see that person again one day. The trip ends successfully and we return back home in one peace. About a month goes by and everything's running smoothly, my parents are still going out and meeting up with other lords. I'm out with Sazanami one day looking around town, when I stop at a flower shop and start admiring all the flowers.

"These are beautiful." I say out loud.

"Yes these are aren't they?" A voice answers beside me.

I look beside me and I see a girl with a peculiar outfit kneel down beside me. She looks about 15 or 16, she has sleek black back length hair and big dark eyes. Her outfit isn't like my kimono, she wears a pair of brown shoes that doesn't look like sandals. Her outfit is green and white, a green short bottom with frills and a white top with a red bow in the center. On her back is a wooden bow and arrows, she has a beautiful smile.

"They are indeed. I'm glad to see that someone else that likes flowers as much as I do." I say with a smile.

"Flowers has so many varieties just like people, it's hard not to admire their colors and fragrances that makes them so unique. Are you here by yourself?" She asks me.

"Exactly! Flowers has so many meanings and I've learned most of their meanings. No, I'm here with my personal maid, Sazanami. How about you? Oh my name is___________. Nice to meet you." I say with a slight bow.

"You're quite polite, nice to meet you too. I'm Kagome. You must be a very smart girl to know every flower's meanings." She says kneeling down to my eye level.

"Kagome is a beautiful name. Are you here by yourself? And are you a priestess? I hear that priestesses use bows, but you don't look like you're from around here." I ask her.

"No I'm here with four of my friends, they're just exploring the town a bit. I guess you can call me a priestess, I know my clothes aren't exactly in this era. But I'm not a weird peson." She says with a laugh.

"I know you aren't, you seem really nice." I say with a smile of my own.

"___________." A voice calls from behind me.