Beating Parallel To One's Heart

I wake up to the morning sun shining in brightly and warmly, sleep still laces my consciousness slightly. It takes me a while to open my eyes completely but I eventually do.

"Good morning." A soft low voice says.

The low voice wakes me up completely, it's the voice of the being that I love so much. I realize that I'm on my back, I slept like this all night. My mind start to sink in that Naraku is propping himself above me slightly, right, we fell asleep together with his head resting against my chest and his body resting on mine gently. I smile as I find his crimson eyes within his ebony silk hair, he looks like he's glowing, his fair skin reflecting the sunlight. I lift my left arm up and I touch his face, it's to remind me that he's here with me. He rests his right hand on top of mine and he smiles down at me, he then helps me sit up.

"Good morning, did you rest well?" I ask him with a slight croak in my throat.

"I did, the sound of your heartbeat was a rhythmic lullaby." He replies.

I smile at his response, we both lean in mutually and we both close our eyes as our lips find each other. The soft velvet feel of his lips are soothing, we pull away our lips gently peeling away from one another due to pressure of our kiss.

"I have to pack up some things before our departure... can't believe I'll be leaving here in a few hours." I say with a sigh.

"I'll bring you back here whenever you want in the days to come, you said that home isn't necessarily a house, home is with the people you care about and love. Besides, this place will become a botanical garden soon, it's going to transition into something more, and just like a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly, the beauty isn't the motionless cocoon, it's when the butterfly emerges and spreads its wings. So come back after this place has flourished into your dream garden, that, will be the most beautiful and rewarding part." Naraku tells me with a smile.

I smile at his words and I nod, I remember when I was the one who taught him things when he lost his memories. Looks like things have changed, and now I'm learning from him. I lean in and rest my forehead against his strong chest, he wraps his arms around my waist and holds me to him.

"You're right Naraku, It's funny how I use to tell you things and taught you thing when you lost your memories, looks like things have changed." I say with a chuckle.

"No, things haven't changed, you still teach me about life everyday, everything that I have said to you were all influenced by your knowledge. I don't come close to you in that aspect." Naraku replies with a slight chuckle of his own.

I smile at his chuckle, and I close my eyes. The two of us stay in each other's arms for a few minutes, we then get dressed and I start to pack everything that are important to me in my room. Things that I want to keep with me as I move into the next chapter of my life. Half an hour goes by and I finish packing, Naraku helps me carry two bundles of belonging to the entrance of the estate. We then head to the eating hall, My parents are all dressed and ready, Inuyasha, Miroku, and Kagome are ready as well.

"Morning." I greet them all.

"Morning dear." My mother replies with a smile.

"Morning __________, Naraku." Kagome says with a bright smile.

Naraku greets them all, my father, Inuyasha, and Miroku greet each other as well. We then all sit down for our last breakfast together before our departure.

"Do you have everything packed?" My father asks me.

"Yes, all the important things." I tell him with a nod.

"Good, and how about you all, ready to return home?" My mother asks Kagome and the others.

"Yes, we appreciate the hospitality here. Inuyasha and I are fine anywhere, we're just attached to Lady Kaede's village because of the people there that we've become so close to. Also, Miroku here has three children to return to and a wife who's waiting." Kagome replies with a smile and a bow.