Final Beauty of The Young Freesia

I stare at Naraku's face that's touching mine in surprise. His eyes are closed and his eyelashes are gently fluttering as he kisses me. His lips are smooth and soft with just enough gentle pressure, warmth fills my whole body from the kiss and my heart is pounding. After a few seconds, Naraku slowly pulls his lips away from mine. His eyelids opens and the red of his eyes seems brighter and more vivid than before, he pulls back slightly to look at me his hand still holding my face gently. My eyes darts from one of his eyes to the other trying to figure him out, my mouth slightly open and my mind blank. Naraku looks at me with gentle eyes, he shows a smile.

"Naraku... you..." I manage to say.

"I've been having these warm feelings for a while now deep down. I realize that they only surface when you're here, and I remember what you told me that night. Love is a warm feeling that sets ablaze deep inside of you. When I hold your hand, I feel that I don't want to let go. Then when you kissed me on the cheek that day, I realized and figured out the feeling finally. I realized that I'm in love with you____________. Since I still don't understand love still, I wanted to express it to you somehow, Who better to ask than you. I thought that you may have felt something similar so I expressed my love for you. You also said that our fate was to meet, so there might be something between us due to our fate. But, if you don't feel the same way. Then please forget what just happened." Naraku says quietly.

I look at him completely speechless, completely speechless. He confessed to me, Naraku confessed to me before I could. Although speechless but I'm over the moon, an overwhelming feeling of happiness and love fills me. Since I couldn't give him a response, Naraku inhales and exhales. He lets out a strained smile.

"I understand, be careful on the way home." He says.

No... you don't understand. Naraku slowly pulls his hand away from my face, the moment he pulls away I feel his presence leaving completely. I don't want to lose that, I don't want to lose him. Regaining my senses again, I quickly grab his leaving hand, Naraku stops and looks back at me. The next thing I know, I take a step towards him and stand on my toes. Holding his hand in my hand, my other hand goes to hold his face like how he did mine minutes earlier. I open my mouth slightly and I crash my lips onto his, feeling his lips with mine again sends jolts through me. I must have surprised Naraku a bit, my eyes are closed but I can sense his stillness. I move my lips subtly, and then I can feel his lips part to accommodate mine. A few seconds passes and I pull my lips off from his, I lean back to look at him, I can feel my cheeks burning. I open my eyes and look back at his, his ruby gems are burning into mine.

"I'm not going to forget the kiss, I'm going to cherish it. I wanted to confess first but never thought that you were braver than me despite not knowing what love is. Yes, I'm in love with you too Naraku. I've actually been in love with you way before than both of us knew that we were. Thank you for expressing your feelings for me." I tell him gazing into his eyes.

Naraku's eyes widens slightly but softens after comprehending my words of love for him. He smiles and wraps his hand around mine, just from his hand I can feel his warmth flowing through me. It's soothing. Naraku smiles, it's one of true happiness.

"I feel relaxed now knowing that you feel the same." He says.

"That feeling must have been anxiety and nervousness. It's normal, it's what makes us feel alive. Yes, I feel the same, I've actually loved you before you did. You have no idea how much happiness I'm feeling right now because of your love." I say with a smile.

"I'm happy knowing that you are. So this is what true happiness feels like." Naraku says tucking my hair behind my ear.

"That's what love is, when the person you love is happy, then you are happy." I say caressing his soft face.