Renewed Clarity

"Sesshomaru, I didn't know you were here." I say dazed.

Sesshomaru walks up beside me, his beautiful white kimono sways as he walks and his white hair floats like silk. He looks elegant and graceful, if he was a god, I would believe it. His facial expression is expressionless, but it's soft.

"I just arrived, I caught your scent here. What are you doing out here at this time?" He asks me, his low and rich voice filling the field.

"I was just clearing my mind of some thoughts that I have been having lately." I tell him.

I look out towards the rising sun, the clouds are fiery orange with a tint of pink, somehow, it feels a bit familiar, like I've seen it before...with someone. As I think that, something else hits me as well, Sesshomaru and I are still in love, well, he is if I have to state the truth. Now that I realize that I'm actually in love with Naraku, I have to let Sesshomaru know. He is so dear to me, but by not telling him and faking myself in this relationship... I'll hurt him. We've only been together for a day most, but I can't let the days carry on like this. It was beautiful, but if it continues when I don't love him, it will hurt the two of us. Sesshomaru will always be someone special to me, but he's not the one. I take a deep breath and turn towards him, I open my mouth to speak.

"Take a walk with me________________." Sesshomaru suddenly says.

His request suddenly make me lose my words, I shut my mouth in response. Guilt fills me, but I suppose a walk would be nice before I end everything. Sesshomaru turns slowly and holds his right hand out to me, I look at it. Should I? In the end, I place my left hand into his, his large hand closes around mine and I feel the warmth and comfort from it. But I know that this hand is not mine to hold, it just doesn't feel right. Regardless, I'll live in this moment for the last time. Sesshomaru shows me a gentle smile, and I return one of my own. Sesshomaru then guides me out of the field, the grass rustles beneath our feet, it soon turns into crunching of the sand. I walk beside him in silence as the two of us head to somewhere that I'm not quite familiar with, about half an hour later, Sesshomaru's intended designation finally becomes familiar. My eyes widen in realization as I remember, the still rising sun reflects off the rhythmic surface. It's the sea, Sesshomaru took me to the sea. I smile as I see the beauty of this place, the soft crashes of the waves on the shore is so calming. The two of us stop a few feet away from the edge of the sandy ground and look out together, still holding hands. The quietness of the world around us is soothing and it allows me to think peacefully.

"We haven't seen each other in a while." I say.

"Indeed, I was busy with some personal matters." He replies.

"I see, I was't feeling well a few days ago, so I was stuck inside all day. Everything has been a bit hectic lately as well." I say quietly.

"Such as?" He asks me.

"Some hectic feelings that I've been having." I tell him with a sigh.

There's a brief silence from him, but I can feel his hand gently giving mine a gentle squeeze.

"Were one of them directed towards me?" He suddenly asks.

I feel myself holding my breath all of sudden as I hear his question, how am I going to tell him now? How can I tell him without hurting him? I feel frustrated all of a sudden. I then feel Sesshomaru gently take my chin between his left thumb and pointer finger, my face involuntary turns to face him as he guides my face. My eyes falls upon his golden ones, they are gorgeous. I feel like I'm in a trance, I can't look away. The next thing I know, I see Sesshomaru's face slowly coming towards mine. Is he...going to kiss me? I feel my heart beating faster, his flawless face with the magenta stripes and crescent moon. Perhaps I did love him a little bit at one point? His face inches closer to mine as his lips draws near, I can feel his shallow breath. Somewhere not far away, I can hear the soft rhythm of the crashing waves, then... Naraku comes into my mind. That's right, Sesshomaru isn't the one that I love... it's Naraku. Having found my reason again from the start, I place my right hand against Sesshomaru's strong chest. I gently place some pressure and he stops immediately, his lips just barely touching mine. I can't let this go on anymore, I can't do this to him. I told him that night that I will make this work, but I can't.