Muddy Water Is Once Again Translucent

"How have you been lately? We haven't seen each other in a while so anything you want to talk about?" I ask him as I walk up to him with a smile.

"Nothing has happened since that day, is that all you wanted to ask me and called me here?" He asks me back looking straight at me.

"Oh, well, at least you look alright and good. And no, I actually have some things that I want to talk to you about. First, thanks for coming here." I tell him.

"I see, interesting place that you have chosen." He says looking out to the vast sea again.

"I'm happy that you knew where the place was when Rin told you what I told her. This place is special to me, because you helped me regain my memories and pushed me to go after the one that I truly love. The cherry blossom tree is Naraku and my special place, the sea, is mine with you." I say with nostalgia.

Sesshomaru turns his head to look at me, his eyes widening a little bit as he heard me say those words, then they relax and he shows me a subtle smile.

"It seems like your pregnancy is coming along nicely." He suddenly says.

It surprises me a little, how did he know? I didn't tell him, Naraku didn't tell him, Inuyasha, Kagome, and Miroku didn't know till they were at my estate. Sango, Shippo, Rin, and Lady Kaede didn't know till we told them two days ago. Sesshomaru didn't have any contact with us prior to the news, unless, if Rin told him before he came here?

"Uhm, ya... how did you know? Did Rin tell you before you came here?" I ask him.

"No." He simply replies.

I look at him slightly taken aback, Rin didn't tell him. I guess his demonic senses has picked it up?

"Guess my pregnancy is far enough that you can sense it, I'll give you credit for that." I say with a chuckle.

"Yes, my demonic senses did pick it up, but I have known about your pregnancy at the same time that you did." Sesshomaru replies.

"You knew about my pregnancy at the same time that I did?" I repeat his words.

Sesshomaru nods, his white hair gently swaying in the breeze. He knew about my pregnancy when I did? When was that? I begin to dig through my memories, I begin to furrow my brows as I recall fragments of my memories, the time when I found out about my pregnancy. Then it hit me, I look back at Sesshomaru.

"The first time that I knew about my pregnancy was when we went to go find the goddess Nuwa to bring Naraku back to life. It was before I stepped into the celestial pond, but when she told me, it was just the two of us in the cave." I say remembering.

"Indeed it was." Sesshomaru adds.

"Since it was just the two of us, no one else knew about it...unless..." I trail off.

I also recall something, before I stepped into the pond I was talking to Nuwa. At one point, she looked away from me and was gazing at something that was behind me. I didn't have time to check what she was looking at because she turned her attention back to me before I could. Was the thing she was gazing at...

"You, you were in the cave when Nuwa told me..." I say but with uncertainty in my voice.

"I was, you finally caught on." Sesshomaru replies with a gentle smile.

So it was him, he was what Nuwa was looking at, he heard when Nuwa told me about my pregnancy.

"You came back into the cave. Why?" I ask him curious.

"Although we all left, but I wanted to make sure that nothing was going to happen to you. So I went back into the cave and stood somewhere where I won't be seen, but Nuwa is a celestial being after all, she sensed me and caught my gaze. That was how I knew about your pregnancy. Congratulations." Sesshomaru explains to me.