Let The Flower Petals Float Free

My mother opens the sliding door to their room after walking to the end of the hallway, she enters and I step in after her and I close the door behind me. I turn around and I see my father sitting on the other side of the tea table, my mother walk around it and sits down beside him. I kneel down on my side of the table and I look at them.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" I ask them.

"First, we hope you can understand our concerns earlier about you and Naraku. I know that we've been busy when you were younger and didn't spend a lot of time with you, but just know that as parents, we worry for your safety and happiness. We wanted to make sure that Naraku is right for you, and that he's good despite being a demon and someone who will love you and care for you for the rest of your life." My father says.

"Mother, Father, you don't need to apologize for anything. Although I was frustrated, I understood why you were asking all of those questions. I'm just glad that we were able to convince you and show that Naraku is the one that I love and how much I want to spend the rest of my life with him." I answer back with a bow.

"We worried about your love life, but I suppose we don't need to anymore. Now, that leads to what we are going to tell you next." My mother says.

"Oh? What is it? Is it serious?" I ask them with a slight furrow in my brows.

"It's nothing bad, in fact, Sazanami came to visit us a month ago." My father says with a smile.

"Really? Saza came back to visit? How is she?" I ask them with a happy smile.

I haven't seen Sazanami in so long, I wish I could meet her again. Such a shame that we passed each other in such bad timing.

"She's doing fine, she and her lord are doing well. To add on to good news, Sazanami is pregnant." My father answers.

"How wonderful, she's going to start her family soon, is this all you want to talk to me about?" I ask them again.

"No, Sazanami came here for a visit and to also ask us something. We have told Sazanami where you were since she was wondering, she has come up with a suggestion for us. Since we're aiming for our 60's now, Sazanami has asked us to live with them when you have found your other half. The Lord and Lady are also dear friends of ours as well, I suppose she thought that after you leave we will be lonely." My father adds.

"Sazanami said that she wants to repay us for everything that we have done for her while she was with us, we were family and still are. It seems that when the child is born, she wants us to be there for it and act as its grandparents." My mother says.

"That's great, what did you say to her?" I reply back looking at them with happiness for them.

"We told her that we would think about it, since we didn't know when you'll be able to find your other half. Also, after we leave what would happen to the maids, housekeepers, and the house itself?" My father answers.

That's is true, there are a lot of things to think about and organize. My mind starts to tick, then everything seem to fall into place. I smile and I look at them.

"Father, Mother, since I have found my other half now, I also know where I want to live, you can send a letter to Sazanami. You can rest easy and go and spend a peaceful life with your dear friends and Saza, I'll be fine." I say to them.

They look at me slightly surprised.

"___________, are you sure? Will you be alright?" My mother asks concerned.

"Of course I will be, I'm not a child anymore, it's time that I take responsibility. Can I ask a question?" I ask them back.

"Of course what is it?" My father replies.