Shattering Ice On Frozen Memories

I wake up to the morning sun shining down at me, I sit up from the blanket. I stretch like I always do, I rub my eyes and I look around. As I look around, I remember something. I remember falling asleep leaning against the tree trunk, Naraku's head was on my lap. He must have laid me down onto the blanket during the middle of the night, I realize that Naraku isn't beside me. I look towards the forest's border and I see Naraku coming out from the trees. I see Atamashi perched on his shoulder, I smile as I see him. As he gets closer I can see that he's cupping something.

"You're awake." He greets me as he sits down on the big blanket.

"Yes, did you rest at all last night? You laid me down onto the blanket sometime in the night didn't you?" I ask him.

"I got a good rest, you don't need to worry. Yes, you were about to tip over so I laid you down. I got some berries for you." He says laying some wild berries on the blanket.

"Wow, thank you. I hope these aren't dangerous." I say with a slight laugh.

"You think I would poison you? Why would I to someone so dear to me? Don't worry, these aren't poisonous. It's a little something to give you some energy for the way home." He says with a smile.

I smile at his kindness. I eat the berries that he picked, I give some to Atamashi as well. Atamashi is starting to flap both of his wings, but he's not flying away. After that, Naraku and I walk around the land again and enjoyed the beautiful landscape. I'll be leaving this place again, I'll be sad, not because I'm leaving this place, but because I'm leaving Naraku. I don't want to leave him, but I know I have to go back. When afternoon starts to roll in, we return to the Cherry Tree. I roll up the two blankets, and Naraku hands me Atamashi.

"Well, another day passes and now it's time for me to go again. I wish time can stop, or at least stay in this moment." I say breathing in the fresh air.

"Unfortunately, time doesn't stop for anyone..." Naraku says.

I nod at his response, but then I remember something.

"I don't think I told you this, but I know a lot about flowers and their meanings." I say to him.

"Oh? Their meanings?" He asks me curiously.

"Yes, it's like a hobby of mine. I know their symbolic meanings, and that's what makes them beautiful. Like this Cherry Blossom Tree for example." I say with a smile.

"This Cherry Blossom Tree?" He says looking at it.

I take his hand in mine gently, his large smooth hands wraps around mine subtly. I guide the two of us closer to the tree. I then reluctantly let his hand go when we're underneath it.

"The Cherry Blossoms only last about 2 weeks or so after they bloom in the spring. They represent spring. Since they only last about 2 weeks, they've come to symbolize the beauty of life and remind us to treasure every single moment as much as we can. It's beautiful, but it's so fleeting." I say as I look at the vibrant pink of the petals.

The two of us look at the flowers gently swaying in the spring breeze.

"Hold on a second or two." Naraku suddenly says.

I look at him curious, he then leaps forward and jumps onto one of the tree's branches. I gasp at the suddenness, I watch him gently pick one of the Cherry Blossom flowers from its roots. He then hops back down gracefully, he stands up and walks towards me.

"Naraku..." I manage to say.

Naraku stops in front of me, just mere inches between us, he looks down at the single cherry blossom flower in his palm.