Goodbye Greeted By A Reunion

Morning rises and I wake up to the sunlight coming through my window. I sit up and like always, I sit there taking a minute or two to come to.

"Good morning Naraku." I say as I look up at the roof of my room.

I get up from my futon and grab my kimono and head out to wash up. After that, I return to my room. I walk over to the wilted Freesia, its flowers forever bowing. I touch its petals that has lost its firmness, I take it out of the vase and I walk out to the garden in front of the house. Colorful flowers line along the ground neatly, I find an empty spot beside the Azaleas, in Chinese, they symbolize womanhood. I dig a hole and I place the Freesia inside, I then cover it up. I pat the soft dirt, smoothing it out. I hear faint horse hooves in the distance, I stand back up and look out. It looks like one of the guards that accompanied my parents and Sazanami on their trip, I walk to the front gate and wait for his arrival.

"Lady_________, I have news from the lord and lady. They will be back in 3 days time, and they will be bringing their allied lord and lady with them." He tells me.

"Oh? I thought it was a two week trip? Did something happen?" I ask him.

"Yes, Sazanami will be wed to the allied lord's son." He tells me.

My eyes goes wide, Sazanami's is getting married? That's wonderful but surprising.

"So if they are coming here, the wedding will be held at our estate?" I ask him.

"Yes, it was decided by the two lords." He replies.

"That's wonderful! I'm guessing mother and father wants me to prepare some things for their arrival?" I ask him with a laugh.

"You catch on fast lady_________. Yes, they expect this place to be welcoming and ready for a wedding." He replies with a slight laugh of his own.

"Alright, I understand. Thank you, get some rest, you must've had a long travel." I say to him.

He nods and bows. I go and eat breakfast then have a meeting with the maids and groundskeepers, then we begin to do our work. It's not just a one day preparation, it's literally a two day preparation at most. Half of the maids stays in the estate to clean, and prepare extra rooms for our guests. The other half and I go out into town to see if we need to buy anything. Before we know it, three quarter of the day goes by. Before dinner, I go out to a hill just on the outskirt of our town. The remaining sunlight illuminates the sky with its final orange flames. I look out into the horizon, the mountains lines the distance and birds fly in the air. The gentle spring breeze blowing across the field below me. I begin to wonder what Naraku is doing, is he looking up at the sky as well? I miss him, I can't go back and see him because like he said, I have responsibilities now. I touch my lips and I remember all the kisses that we've shared. I smile at the memories, but I miss him.

"I love you Naraku, I'll come see you as soon as I can." I say to myself.

I go back home and eat dinner, I decide to eat with the maids and groundskeepers. It's much better to make everyone feel like a family. Eventually, the night ends, I go to bed with Naraku in my heart and mind. The next day goes on like usual, we finished most of the cleaning, all of the wedding accessories are stocked and complete, waiting to be put up after the date of the wedding is confirmed. After dinner, I head out to the hill again by myself, the moonlight guides me there. I take one of the large towel with me, now that I think about it, I should have left one with Naraku.

Sazanami's getting married soon, looks like she finally found her special person. I don't regret not going on the trip with them at all, because if I did, things will not happen as they had. She has finally found her love, and I have found mine. Saza deserves happiness of her own, her own family and her own life, a life that's her own. It's time for me to let my older sister go. Eventually, my parents will have to let me go as well. I have found the love of my life, and I want to have a future with Naraku. I sigh and lay down on the soft green grass and close my eyes, I want to sleep out here, because I know that Naraku does every night. He has no place to go because of his missing past, he can only stay in the cherry blossom tree field and in the forest. If I could, I would bring him home with me but I know it will take time. I'll just have to deal with it and tell my parents after their return tomorrow, before the night falls any deeper I return home. The moon shines for hours till it's time for it to set and the sun hangs up high in the sky again, they'll be back soon I'm guessing. I quickly get up and wash up, I eat breakfast and with one final cleaning of the house by the maids, we hear horses and carriages outside our house. I go outside to greet my parents and their guests, there were a few extra people back that's for sure, a few guards accompanied the allied lord. Exiting the carriage are my mother, a lady who looks about my mother's age and Sazanami.