Searching For The Hope

I give Naraku a kiss on his forehead, I then run outside. The moon is out and night has arrived, but I have to search for Inuyasha and the others. I have to tell them about what happened. I run through the village, the lanterns guiding my way as my sandals clicked clacked on the ground. It's just passed dinner, so I think they are still in the hut. After a minute or two I finally arrived outside of the hut, I stop and catch my breath from all the running, I then rush inside.

"Inuyasha! Kagome! Miroku! Sango!" I shout as I step in.

They have just finished eating. They all look at me with a start, I'm really eager to tell them the possibility of bringing Naraku back to life.

"______________, slow down. Come sit down, we saved you food." Lady Kaede says.

"Thank you Lady Kaede, but I have something important to tell you all." I say dropping onto my knees.

"______________, what happened?" Sango asks me.

"Ok, I was just visited by someone and she told me a possibility of bringing Naraku back to life." I tell them.

All of their eyes widen in shock, and they become speechless.

"Who? Who told you that?" Miroku asks me.

The woman that stopped Lei Gong that day, she's a deity, the Chinese Goddess of Mercy, GuanYin. She told me that Naraku's soul isn't complete, when he was revived, he only had half of his soul, the other half is still out there. She told me that if we can get the other soul back in time before his aura completely fades, there's a possibility that Naraku can come back to life." I throw out words after another.

"Such thing is possible?" Sango asks still surprised.

"A goddess herself told me, I believe in her. She even told me how I can revive him, she said that a Chinese goddess that created mortals can help me. But first, I have to know her name, then travel 3 days towards east till I see the tallest mountain. A golden gate with snakes will await me and the creator goddess resides inside. I have to do this." I say.

"But do you even know where to begin?" Kagome asks me.

I sit there for a bit in silence.

"No.... where am I going to find the name of this Chinese goddess..." I say quietly.

The whole room falls silent for a while, no one knows what to say.

"There's a neighbouring village about half a day away, it's more well off, if I remember, there's a library on ancient histories and myths. Japan was influenced by China, perhaps the library will contain Chinese history and myths as well." Lady Kaede suddenly says.

I feel hope fills me and I smile.

"That's wonderful! Thank you Lady Kaede!" I say with a bow.

I then turn to all of them, and I bow to them.

"Thank you all for everything that you have done for me till now. But this is a trial that I have to take in order to show just how much Naraku means to me. I'll leave tomorrow morning, please do not worry." I say to them.

Kagome comes over to me and helps me up. She looks at me with a smile, her big brown eyes reflecting the candlelight.

"You're our little sister, we're not going to let you go alone. We all know how important Naraku is to you, and we will help you get his soul back." She says.

I look at her surprised, they are going to help me...

"Kagome..." I say dazed.

"We are practically family___________. Don't carry the burden yourself, we all know the feeling of losing a loved one. We will help you find this goddess and bring Naraku back to life." Miroku says kindly.