Knowing The Real Him...

I feel groggy and I'm shivering when I slightly regain my consciousness, I open my eyes slowly and I feel something cool on my forehead, yes I'm indeed shivering. I slightly look around, I have a terrible headache, and a slight pain still courses through me. I remember what has happened to me, I got hurt from protecting Naraku from that demon named Sesshomaru. I'm in a big room, there's a big panel that I assume leads to a veranda or something. It seems to be the afternoon or early evening, the sunlight is giving off an orange tone. I realize that I'm sweating, I must have a fever, I feel weak all over. I look to the corner of the room and I realize that my red kimono is hanging on a wooden kimono rack, I'm wearing a white silk kimono, and I'm lying in a futon. A cool cloth is on my forehead. Where am I? I don't have the strength to get up and I feel really really weak, pain still occupies me, I have a cloth bandage around my stomach area. I have no idea how bad it is but I couldn't think about it anymore, I rest my head back down onto the pillow. I'm losing my consciousness again. I don't know where I am or how long I've been out but I trust Naraku that we're both somewhere safe. As I doze off again, I hear the door to the room sliding open and then closing. When I slowly regain my consciousness again, I feel a finger gently gliding down my cheek and then caressing it. I feel like I'm laying halfway in mid air, but as I come to more and more I realize that I'm resting on someone's lap. I feel my shivering has reduced drastically since last time, I force my eyes to open slowly. The sunlight shines through the windows, someone is holding me gently. The pain from my wound has died down a bit as well but still sore. I groan, my eyes feel puffy from sleeping so much and my head is still woozy.

"You're awake?" A calm voice says from above me.

I hold my dizzy head and look up, I'm greeted by a pair of beautiful bright red eyes. It's Naraku, he's looking down at me with a serene expression. His fingers holds my face gently, I smile as I see him.

"Naraku..." I croak out.

"Don't move too much, you're still injured. I used my demonic powers to repair the internal wounds beneath the skin, but the outer wounds still needs time to heal." He says.

"Thank you Naraku, I'm so glad that you're not hurt." I say holding his hand.

A frown slowly forms on his face, I gently squeeze his hand.

"What's wrong Naraku?" I ask him worried.

"I told you to run, you didn't listen to me. Now look at you, thank goodness that it was just a deep wound." He says looking at the window.

He's upset that I put my life in danger for him. I force myself to sit up, the tensing of the abdominal muscles causes slight pain to jolt through me but I push it aside.

"Don't move too much, you're still injured. You need to rest." Naraku says turning back to look at me furrowing his brows.

"My fever has subsided and my wound has been taken care of, I don't know how long I've been out but I think I should sit up for a while." I say with a laugh to lighten the mood hopefully.

"You've been out for 3 days, I thought that you might have died." Naraku says touching my face.

I hold his hand in mine and smile at him.

"I'm not going to die that easily, even if I did, I know that I won't have any regrets because I died protecting the one I love." I say looking into his ruby eyes.

"You were foolish to have put your life on the line like that for me___________, a demon." Naraku says.

"I know, and I'll be glad to do it again if a similar situation calls for it. I told you that your life has a purpose and I'll be there to help see it and support you." I tell him with a smile.