Truth pt.1

Azaria is confused. She knows what Arielle's up to. She just doesn't have the guts to tell Calisto.

Sweetie, no. Don't tell me you like him.

Azaria recognizes that voice. She stops in her tracks. Calisto turns around to see what's wrong. I do not! He's taken and he's just a friend.

Whatever you say. Azaria looks around her. Calisto just stares.

"Are you okay?" He asks. Azaria looks at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just...thought I heard someone."

"Again? You gotta get help." Azaria nods and suddenly feels a wave of ice flow through her body. Oh, no.

Oh, yes.

"Nope, she doesn't need to get her ears checked. It was me." Azaria shuts her eyes, hoping he would go away. She feels a hand on her shoulder. A very, very, cold hand. "Hey, buddy. How's it been?"

"Justin, go kill yourself." Azaria opens her eyes and facepalms at her mistake. Justin laughs. She looks over at him. Oh gods. She thinks. He's cute. For now, she's a bit thankful. Once they materialize and become visible to humans, they can't read her thoughts. Still, she shoves the thought away from her mind. This is her friend Justin. Kind of like a dead brother she could somehow communicate with. Then again, this is beautiful-soft-curly-hair-that-seems-to-be-perfectly-in-place-all-the-time Justin. Bright-sea-green-eyes Justin. Why does he have to be so beautiful. Still, she manages to hate the guy.

"Whatever makes you happy, sweetie." Azaria groans.

"You know what, Calisto? Let's just go. Now." She pushes him down the hall.

"What? Not even gonna introduce me to your friend." Azaria turns around, just to be startled by a very-close-Justin. After collecting herself and pretending she hasn't screamed, she inhales.

"Justin this is Calisto. Calisto, this is Justin."

"Cool, how'd ya meet?" Azaria and Justin say nothing. Justin grins awkwardly.

"Errr..." Azaria trails off. "He was in one of the foster homes I ran away from." Azaria smiles. Justin grins awkwardly in agreement.

"Oh, okay. Anyways, nice to meet you. But, my girlfriend wants to talk to Azaria. So, you could just wait outside til' they're done talking." Calisto smiles.

"Nah, I'll be fine. See ya later, darling." He kisses Azaria on the cheek, leaving her alone. Calisto kinda straight up erases his smile and replaces it with a look of confusion.

"Are you two dating?" He asks.

"No, he's just stupid. Kind of the reason he's single."

"He's pretty cute." Justin yells.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" Azaria sarcastically replies. She looks back to see the voice of who said it. "Justin, go away." He leaves, and she groans.

"Seems like a handful." Calisto laughs.

"He's a bagful." Azaria rolls her eyes.

"Okay, we're here." He stops near a door. "Kay, I gotta go." He leaves without waiting for a response. Azaria takes a deep breath and knocks on the door. Arielle opens the door, smiling.

"Azaria! Just the person I wanted to see!" She opens the door wider, gesturing for her to come in. "I have a huge favor to ask you." Azaria tries to hold in all her hatred. She smiles.

"Of course, what is it?" Azaria asks. Arielle starts seem a little nervous.

"See, the thing is, I know you're Calistos closest friend. Seriously, he would not stop talking about you. But, as much as I love him, I can't be in a relationship anymore." Arielle looks down.

"What? Why not?" Azaria gives up the smile.

"My mother. She's a little frightening. She says that I have to get married off to some other man." Arielle says a little quietly.

"That's not fair! You're a kid!" Azaria yells.

"Yes, but, that's how life is where I'm from." Arielle looks up.

"No way! That's totally pedophilia!" Azaria says a little angrily. Arielle gulps and straightens herself.

"Azaria, I want you to explain to him. You're closer to him and understand his...complex...character more than I do. Please, just this once." Arielle pleads. Azaria really doesn't want to do this. How could she hurt someone's feelings? She knows Calisto loves Arielle. She knows that it will break his heart to pieces. Still, Calisto would be a lot more heartbroken if it was Arielle.

"Fine, just this once." Azaria agrees. Arielle hugs her tightly, making Azaria notice that she's slightly taller than her.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" Azaria feels Arielle's tears. Suddenly, there's a small cracking sound. Very small, but noticeable. Arielle lets go and looks like she's gonna pass out. She holds on to a small necklace Azaria hasn't noticed. "You know what? You could go. Thank you very much. I just...need some rest." With that, Azaria leaves.

"Something tells me that necklace is very important." Azaria mutters. She walks off to her own room to start yelling at Justin.

● ● ●

"I think Azaria is on to me." Arielle says to Karia, queen of Pallax.

Guys, I'm grounded and not allowed to use my phone, please don't get mad at me. I have very little time to type. I also have school. So, sorry if the upcoming chapters are short. Goodbye wizards, witches, aliens, half-bloods, humans, mortals, muggles, and people who have no idea what I'm talking about. Love ya!

.....A to the Z