The white lotus

Wearing a white set of robes, Guang Yu strolled around the city. He left the compound today and it wasn't as though anyone would care for the matter. Xiao Li'er was being a dutiful servant a tried to hold the umbrella as high as possibly to block his young master from the sunlight.

"Where are we heading to young master?" Xiao Li'er asks curiously. (。◕‿◕。)

"Walking around...I need a breather.." In all actuality, Guang Yu was heading towards the store of the protagonist that didn't really had that much customer since it wasn't that popular yet.

"That..." Xiao Li'er halted in his steps as he stared bewildered at a something. Then he rudely pointed to something, "Young master look!"

-All treatments free! Able to cure any conditions!!-

It was written big and bold, there were many who seen it but could only think it was a hoax. If this was true, then their godly doctor would be a joke! Not to mention, not only was it free, the person was bold enough to say that all treatment would be cured! Most citizens got insulted due to the fact that this quack doctor was indirectly not putting the godly doctor in his eyes.

"S-Should we try it....after all young master's body..." Xiao Li'er muttered quietly, although there was some improvement with the godly doctor, the effect of his young master's heart disease is permanent.

"I..." Guang Yu's exposed eyes was filled with hesitation and a little distrust, but determination filled his eyes and he walked towards the empty and desolated shop.

"E-Excuse me.." Guang Yu called out softly, his voice like wind chimes, startling Liang Lan who wasn't expecting visitors at all, after all, it has been a few weeks since he set up the shop yet no one had visited. Liang Lan was being foolish here, if he had his previous reputation as a renowned doctor, he wouldn't be taken as a quack doctor. Not to mention, Liang Lan himself didn't know why he wasn't receiving customers, after all medicine wasn't very advance thus his choice of wording was instead insulting.

"Yes! How may I help you!" Liang Lan eagerly shouted, but as soon as he saw Guang Yu, a hint of displeasure ran through him. It was quickly covered up by Liang Lan, but it could not escape Guang Yu's eyes.

"We see that you can treat any illness... is a heart disease included?" Xiao Li'er asks tentatively.

Guang Yu being form another world with advance science and medicine already knows the answer, clearly a heart diseases wasn't curable, unless one did a heart surgery. But doing a heart surgery at this era was simply waiting for a pig to be slaughtered. There wasn't equipment, there wasn't cleanliness nor hygiene. There wasn't even proper surgical tools to complete the surgery.

One can improve heart problems, but one can never fully cure it in this era. Not to mention, those diagnosed with heart problems are immediately sent to die as they were bound to die early since people from this era doesn't know how to improve it, and keeping them alive was the same as wasting resources and food.

It was already lucky for Guang Yu to be alive purely because he was the first born legitimate child, if it were any other child they would be left to death. This was another reason for his bad treatment, he was wasting the prime minister's resources, money and food. Why bother wasting so much on him when he was going to die?

Thus spending money on a incurable person was a foolish thing to do, many would scorn those idiotic enough to waste money on a life that was fated to die. In the ancient era, people were cruel and they didn't have the means to save these people, after all they could have as many children as they want, however wasting more money on one child wasn't worth it.

(Rahzel: Ancient people spreading their sperms everywhere...does that mean Hiv and Aids was popular at that time?)

Guang Yu waited in interest for the protagonist reply. If he said the truth, Guang Yu would believe the protagonist had good intentions, however, a slight lie and Guang Yu would also show no mercy. Either ways, it was truth in human nature that one had 7 sins, pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.