Ch. 1

I need your help. That was the text on the screen of Charlottes phone. She had talked to Lachlan a handful of times never having met him the entire time she had known Becky. Most of the conversations being about how she should deal with Becky as they traveled from place to place. It was rare that he ever texted her. In fact this was the first time he had ever asked for her help. 

What can I help you with? She responded as she sunk down in her bed. It was the night before the Royal Rumble. She couldn't sleep and it wasn't happening any time soon.

I need your help getting backstage tomorrow. I want to surprise Bec. A smile grew across the blondes face before she quickly worked to get him access to the performer only area. By the time she had it all set up and gave him the information it was nearing one in the morning. She inwardly groaned before she quickly fell asleep.

The next morning Becky was full of energy. Nothing could contain her excitement for the upcoming night. By the time 7 rolled around her heart was pumping hands shaking, just like every other time she was about to begin a match. It was all brought to a halt when she lost. Her look somber as she exited the ring making her way backstage. It was then that she was approached by a producer.

Lachlan who had been watching knew better than to step in then. He knew something was in the works. As he moved back to his spot by the television he was approached by a familiar blonde.

"Thank you." He said when she was finally close enough. She laughed at his words. Others watched on as Charlotte Flair spoke to someone completely unfamiliar to them. Someone completely irrelevant in their eyes. Someone that they didn't know played a huge part in "The Mans" life.

"It was no problem at all. It was kind of a win win anyway. I finally get to meet you. Mr. I've been dating her for twelve years but was only just brought to light." The blonde teased before he laughed.

"It was always her choice. She just doesn't want me wrapped up in all of this for some reason. I wouldn't mind it, I just guess she wants to keep me to herself." His hands tucked into his pockets as her hand met his arm.

"It's just because she cares about you. This isn't the easiest life." She stated simply before she excused herself as she was called towards the stage. His eyes watched as entrant after entrant filled the ring. As more entered more fell before the last few numbers were called.

Lachlan watched as Lana began her limp to the stage. As the 29th entrant was called the blondes leg was abused by Nia Jax. Once Carmella's entrance music hit his hand ran along his chin knowing it was too late. There was no way Becky was in this match.

Lachlan felt the crowd before the stadium erupted as a red streak flashed across the screen in front of him. He couldn't help the smile that grew along his face as she was granted access into the match. When her entrance music finally began to play his heart sped just as hers did. Becky's adrenaline took over as she had the match of her life. That was until she was abruptly pushed off the steel steps by an angry eliminated Nia Jax. As she felt her knee twist Lachlan's breath caught in his throat.

It was a few minutes later that the entire stadium erupted. Becky had won despite being on one leg. As she fed off of the crowd everything disappeared around her. Slowly as the pain began to set in she began to limp to her and Charlottes shared locker room.

"Oi." She knew that voice from anywhere. It was the voice she dreamed about. Her feet took over before she knew what she was doing. As her body crashed into his she was lifted off her feet her legs wrapping around him as her face buried into him. "You alright love?" She nodded as his hands steadied her under her thighs.

"What are you doing here?" She said after the longest time her arms finally loosening from around his neck.

"I can't come see you for once?" His thick Irish accent coated his voice as he spoke. Becky simply laughed her lips meeting his cheek. Her hands moved to cup his face gently taking all his features. "Six months has been a wee bit too long." She nodded before her lips captured his.

They pulled away seconds later when the door to the locker room opened. As she was set on her feet Lachlan steadied her carefully when he felt her knee give out on her. Charlotte slowly made her way in.

"You okay Becks?" The red haired woman simply shrugged. Though her smile was still visible on her face she was in pain. "I'm sorry." The blonde said as she moved to dig through her bags.

"I'll give you both a lil' to change." Lachlan said before he carefully moved from behind Becky. As he closed the door the red head turned to the blonde.

"Thank you. I don't know what you did but I don't care. Just thank you Char." No words were exchanged before she was pulled into a hug by the blonde.

"He just asked me to get him in here. After seeing your reaction though it's definitely worth it." Charlotte stated once they had pulled away. As they slowly changed she spoke again. "I mean I did finally get to meet him so it was worth it and I understand why you have hidden him all this time." Becky looked at him confused. "He's hot Becca." She shook her head her red hair following her head movement.

"I know." She stated simply before she was finally dressed. Once both girls had their items together the door was opened revealing a member of the medical staff. Before Charlotte could sneak out the redhead spoke. "Have a good night Char." When she left Lachlan entered staying behind the staff member who internally questioned the male behind him.

It took twenty minutes before the doctor decided that Becky needed to go to the hospital. However it was five hours later that she was finally released. As Lachlan drove back to her hotel she scanned his body.

"Have you been eating?" He shrugged.

"It's hard Becs." She sighed her head nodding as it moved to rest along his shoulder. He had been going through chemo on and off since she had met him. "Though I am cancer free." She just about shot out of the car. He had been battling this round for around a year. Her wide eyes met his before a smile appeared on his face. When her arms wrapped around him she spoke.

"This day just keeps getting better and better."