Ch. 16

Lachlan walked in with a smile on his face before it turned to concern when he saw Becky with tears in her eyes. That had been the first time she truly opened up to anyone about what had happened to her. As he made his way over to the redhead his arms gently wound around her.

"What's wrong love?" He asked quietly before she shook her head.

"I was just explaining to them what happened." The only detail Lachlan didn't know was the part about Fergal breaking her rib. Everything else he knew about. He nodded before he pulled away his arm wrapping loosely around her shoulders before they all moved to sit scattered across the couches in the room.

"So why haven't you two gotten married yet?" Bayley asked changing the topic.

"We haven't really thought about it. I mean it's just a piece of paper. It doesn't change what we are." Becky replied simply as her feet tucked under Lachlan's leg.

"So you've never even thought about it?" They both shook their heads at Ronda's words. "Wow." She said before the door opened. As one of Ronda's old friends walked through the door Lachlan immediately recognized her.

"Marina fucking Shafir." Becky hit him hard in the side her mouth dropping from what he had said.

"Watch your fucking language asshole." The brunette sassed back before Lachlan stood and the two embraced. "It's been way to long." He nodded as the other three looked on completely confused.

"We used to train back in the day." He said as Marina moved to sit next to Ronda.

"Yeah until you destroyed your knee." He simply laughed.

"Well it's not like I could help that.." He stated as he trailed off. "How have you been though? Everything good with your family?" She nodded before there was a knock at the door and her husband walked in with her son Troy in tow. As the small boy immediately walked over to Becky, her arms outstretched as a smile grew on her face. Troy was quickly scooped up as the two began to laugh.

"Chris you remember Lachlan from years ago?" As he nodded the two shook hands.

"Been awhile but I do. If I recall correctly you used to kick his ass all the time." He said with a laugh as he moved to sit next to his wife. The four watched as Troy moved into Lachlan's arms. It took seconds before the boys head was on his shoulder.

"Do you want me to take him?" Marina asked once she noticed the shocked look on Lachlan's face. He shook his head as he carefully held the small boy in place as he became heavier and heavier. "So you two?" The two redheads chuckled lightly before he quietly answered.

"We've been dating for longer than I've known you." Her mouth dropped.

"And you never said anything?" He shrugged carefully.

"Never came up." He said as Troys face buried in his neck the boy now asleep in his arms.

"Okay now that isn't fair." Ronda stated. "He has never fallen asleep on anyone but you two and the first person he falls asleep on is the newbie. Becky you need to hide him back under that rock. I can't handle this." Troy started to stir as all of them started to laugh.

Becky and Marina watched out of the corners of their eyes as Troy was slowly bounced. The redhead heard Lachlan begin to lightly hum before Troys head was tucked back into the larger man. As her hand gently ran along Lachlan's thigh she leaned gently into him.

By the time Ronda and Becky were due on stage for the redhead second segment the other four slowly made their way to the large viewing screen backstage. Marinas hand ran along Troys back as she moved to talk to Lachlan.

"You know I should be mad at you for hiding your relationship all this time." She scolded him before he shot back.

"And I would have thought that I would have been invited to your wedding. I mean I did introduce you to him.." Marina turned bright red not even realizing the mistake she had made. "Don't sweat it shortie. We haven't talked in over five years." She nodded as her attention shifted to her sleeping son.

"Have you two ever thought about kids?" She asked as she noticed Lachlan still bouncing the small boy in his arms.

"Not seriously. I don't think either one of us are ready at this point." He said honestly. Her hand gently pat his bicep.

"Trust me surprises are better than anything." He chuckled lightly and nodded.

"You know he looks more like you than Chris." She laughed lightly. "It's a good thing you know. That ugly mug in baby form would be awful." She couldn't help the loud laugh that caused Troy to begin crying. Without any hesitation Lachlan slowly began to calm the boy much to the surprise of everyone around him. As Troys tear stained face buried into the shoulder in front of him, the red haired mans hand slowly ran along his back putting him back to sleep.

"My god that was amazing." He lightly laughed at her words still careful of the boy in his arms.

"Seriously neither one of us can calm him down that fast." Chris said honestly before their attention was turned towards the screen in front of them. Lachlan's eyes slipped to Troys body as he wasn't interest in the segment unfolding in front of them as it didn't involve either one of the women.

"You are a natural at this though Lac." He shook his head. "Yes you are. You'd make a good dad." He nodded before Troy shifted slightly before they all saw him shiver. Marina grabbed a blanket she had out of her bag before Troy and half of Lachlan were wrapped in a blanket.

"God have you changed." He joked before she sassed back.

"And you haven't?" He shrugged. He had done a complete one-eighty from his previous hatred of children in the past. It showed in his next words that drew a smile on the brunettes face.

"Just so you know if you ever need anyone to watch him just let me know."