Ch. 14

Becky could hear and see everything around her but she was frozen. No movement or sound came from her as Fergal's hands trailed along the bare skin he had access to across her stomach. Before his hands could trail upwards they both heard a neck crack behind them.

"You have five seconds to get your hands off of her or mine will be around your neck snapping it." Lachlan's voice was steady and haunting. Every word was spoke with such fury that Becky didn't know how he was holding himself together. Fergals hands stayed where they were as he turned towards Lachlan. It was then that she could see the rage on the red heads face.

"And who are you?" He watched as the taller mans jaw clenched in the same second his hands did. "It's not like you exist around here." Fergal stated with a smirk. When Lachlan laughed the other mans expression changed.

"Wanna bet?" Becky was slowly trying to get away from Fergal before his hands clamped down on her. When she voiced her pain from his hands Lachlan just about snapped. Fergals hands were ripped from his body before his wrist was abruptly snapped. As she stepped between the two men neither stepped down. As he went to move his other hand Fergal fought back. Lachlan's hand was snapped in multiple locations. "Touch her again and your neck will be next."

It was then that others around them finally stepped in. Thankfully nothing was caught on camera so nothing could go to the media about this. Lachlan just about pushed his way out of the bar Becky following close behind him. He got a cab as her shaking body made its way into his. Hers shaking out of fear, his shaking out of rage, both of Fergals doing.

Once home he yelled out in pain as he tried to open the door. The door was forced open by her before he went to the kitchen as she called for a cab only to have it ring infinitely. Then next person she called answered immediately. She put it on speaker as he came back in the room ice on his hand.

"Sarah, I need your help." Lachlan stated once he noticed who was on the other end.

"What up?" Sarah asked as he sat next to Becky his head burying in her shoulder.

"We need a ride to the hospital." Both girls could hear the strain in his voice as he spoke. His adrenaline had worn off and his hand was throbbing.

"I'll be there in thirty." She said a yawn coming through the other end before she hung up. It was then that they finally looked at the time. It was nearing three in the morning. As the two moved to change into comfier clothes he turned towards her carefully. It was there in the small closet that Becky broke down.

"What happened Becs?" He asked softly as his arms wound around her. She was shaking in his arms as her face buried into his chest.

"He's been doing that for years." Lachlan tensed. "He knows about you but he does it anyway. It's the same damn thing every time. Pulls me into him and tries to get me to fuck him. I can't take it anymore Lach." As she was gently pulled into him his lips met the top of her head.

"He's not going to lay a hand on you." She shook her head. "Becs. Everyone knows about us. You really think anyone, especially the other girls will let him do it." She simply sighed and pulled away before the two changed. He carefully stopped her before she left. "I'm sorry." She shook her head as her lips brushed his.

"Thank you." She spoke softly. His lips met her cheek gently as he shook his head. As his good hand ghosted her ribs she shied away from him.

"What's wrong?" He asked as her shirt was carefully risen. This was the first time he saw the bruises Fergal had left on her. But it wasn't the first time it had happened. As his fingertips strayed over the marks she could see the pain in his eyes. "Becs.." He couldn't even continue his sentence before there was a loud knock at the front door. They stared at each other confused for Sarah had a key.

Lachlan moved to open the door, Becky behind him before they were met by a pair of police officers. As the two men took a step closer her hand slipped into Lachlan's.

"How can we help you?" Becky asked as she stepped from behind the body in front of her.

"We have reports of an altercation between a Mr. Lachlan Lynch and Mr. Fergal Devitt. We also believe that you were involved Ms. Quinn. If you don't mind we'd like to have a word with each of you separately." She gently squeezed his hand before they were separated. Lachlan was taken towards the police car in the driveway with the officer that had spoken before. "I'd like to ask you a few questions before we get into your side of the story. First, What is your relation to Ms. Quinn?"

"We've been dating for over twelve years." He said the throbbing in his hand growing.

"Have you had any altercations with Mr. Devitt in the past?" Lachlan shook his head. "And Ms. Quinn works with him?" He nodded. "Has she ever had any problems with him in the past?"

"She has. Yes." The officer gave him a signal to elaborate. "We've kept our relationship quiet for a long time. He used that as leverage to hit on her and harass her every chance he gets."

The officer nodded before asking Lachlan to tell his side of the story. Once he gave the details to the officer he was allowed back with Becky. As his arm wrapped around her shivering body, she basked in every ounce of warmth she could get from him.

Becky had explained every thing that had happened to her to the officer. Including things she neglected to tell Lachlan. His lips gently met the top of her head as the officers talked. Just as the two men walked back up, Sarah pulled into the driveway.

"From what we heard from the both of you Mr. Devitt seemed to neglect certain details out of the events leading up to and during tonight. If we need to we will be in touch. But as it looks, we shouldn't need anything else from the both of you." The officer said as Lachlan felt Becky relax next to him. "And Ms. Quinn we will file a restraining order for you against Mr. Devitt." She nodded before the two officers left.

When the two climbed into Sarah's car she turned a questioning look crossing her tired face. When he showed her his hand she laughed while shaking her head.

"You need to stop getting into drunken fights you know. Especially when they end with the police at your house." Sarah stated as she backed out of the driveway. "By the way. Next time don't call me first." She deadpanned.

"The cabs weren't answering."