Ch. 31

Becky walked through the door to find Lachlan's head in his hands. She had just gotten back from what would be her last show until she had the baby as she was around eight months along. Her hands gently ran along his back as she moved to sit next to him.

"What's going on Love?" She knew he had just gotten back from the doctors. She could see his mouth open but no words came out. "Lachy what is it?"

"It's back Bex." Her arms were instantly around his waist.

"What stage?" He sighed.

"Three." As he leaned back his arm moved around her as his hand moved to rest along her stomach. She had learned over the past few months that him feeling his daughter calmed him more than she did.

"It'll be alright Lachy. We'll get through it." Her arms wound around his neck gently as his lips met her temple.

"At least it's lung cancer this time." He said quietly. His last bout was with leukemia and it had taken a lot out of him. "They want to go in and remove the portion of my lung where the cancer is. After that I may have to go through chemo." She nodded as her nose buried into his hair. "The surgery's tomorrow." Her arms tightened around him. Slowly she was moved into his lap before his arms wound around her, his hands resting on her stomach.

"I'm going with you to the fucking appointment next time." He chuckled as his lips met her cheek.

"It was either tomorrow or in a month from now." His hands gently found their way beneath her shirt before his thumbs gently began to run along her skin.

"You going to be recovered by then though?" He nodded.

"I'll be in the hospital for less than a week." She sighed as her head moved to rest in the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry Bex."

"Don't be Love. I would have done the same." His lips met the top of her head gently. "How long is the surgery?"

"I wanna say they said like five hours but I could be wrong. Want me to text Ronnie?" She nodded knowing that she needed someone there with her. As his phone was pulled out her eyes closed. Gently she nuzzled her body even more into his. The last thing she needed right now was to lose him.

Ronda didn't even need to read the entire text. Instead she grabbed her keys and was out her door. She was through the pairs door in less than twenty minutes.

"What's going on?" Tears began to pool in Becky's eyes before Lachlan's arms gently tightened around her. The blonde moved to sit next to the two her hand running lightly along the redheads back as she cried into his shirt.

"My cancers back Ronnie and I'm going in to surgery tomorrow." She didn't even need him to continue before she nodded.

'I'll take care of her.' She mouthed before one of his arms moved and he gently hugged her.

Becky's crying lasted rest of the day and even into the morning.

"Bex you've gotta stop crying. You're killing me Love." His hands gently cupped her face as he wiped her tears away.

"I can't lose you Lachy." He kneeled down in front of her before speaking.

"I'm not going anywhere Bex. It's a simple surgery everything will be alright." Her head fell into his shoulder. "I love you Becky." Her lips gently met his neck.

"I love you more Lach." He shook his head.

"No way in hell Bex." When she finally pulled away there were no more tears threatening to fall. She couldn't help the smile on her face as he moved closer and his lips met her stomach. She could fell the movement with in her stomach before he spoke. "I love you too little one."

"How much longer till we have to leave?" He gently moved to sit next to her.

"By the time Ronnie gets here we'll probably have to head out." She sighed as she nodded. Gently she was pulled into his lap. "I'm sorry I didn't give you time to digest all this Bex." She shook her head.

"Like I said yesterday I understand Lachy. Just you know next time get your scans done earlier." He nodded.

"I promise I will Love." He always had a bad habit of putting his scans off. "Especially if we have another little one."

"Good." She stated before her lips met his cheek. Her arms wound around him before she squeezed him tightly. His hand soothingly began to run along her stomach. It was his tactic to calm the both of them. Nearly ten minutes later they heard a car horn come from outside their house.

"Ready love?" She shook her head.

"No but I kind of have to be." He lightly laughed before he connected their lips. They pulled away just in time to hear the horn again. "Remind me to kill her later." He chuckled.

"Will do Bex." She was off his lap before he carefully helped her up. Slowly the two began to walk to the car. As he opened the door Becky burst into tears. Charlotte and Paige were both sitting in the car.

"You really think we'd let you go through this alone?" Paige said as she pulled the redhead into a tight hug.

"God I love you all." She said as she slipped into the backseat with Lachlan following her in.

By the time they arrived at the hospital they could all see his demeanor change. Becky could feel his hand get hotter in hers as they walked to the surgical wing. As he signed in she could see the pen shaking in his hands.

"It's going to be alright Love." She spoke into his ear as they waited in the uncomfortable waiting room chairs. Her hand shifted before she pressed his against her stomach. "We're both here no matter what Lach." It was then that he felt Charlie's hand press against his.

"Any thoughts on her name yet?" Paige asked trying to distract the two. It was when Charlotte chuckled that Ronda and the brunette both looked at her like she was crazy.

"Charlie." Becky said.

"Oh come on. That's not fair.." Ronda whined. Their conversation was interrupted as Lachlan was called back into his room. By the time he was changed the girls joined him in the quiet room. The four talked and caught up as they waited for him to be taken back.

The second a doctor walked in Becky's breath caught in her throat. Gently Lachlan squeezed her hand before he quickly connected their lips.

"I love you Bex." Her lips met the top of his head gently.

"Love you more Lach."