Ch. 34

"I'm going to kill you." Becky had Lachlan by the collar of his shirt. Her words were shooting fire. Though she had an epidural she was still feeling everything. As the pain lessened her grip did the same before he was finally able to sit back down in the chair next to her bed. Charlotte patted his back before giving him a reassuring smile.

"It's not his fault Love." Becky could help the glare she threw towards her mother. She had been in labor for over twenty four hours now as the clock hit midnight. "I was in labor with you for nearly forty-eight hours Rebecca." She deadpanned. As Lachlan laughed at the statement he dodge three swinging hands.

Paige walked in with her hands full of food and coffee. It was all passed out before she handed Becky a tall shake. Before the brunette sat down next to him her arms wound around his shoulders.

"Happy Birthday Gorgeous." He chuckled lightly. His eyes met the redheads before she smiled. They both knew it was just about perfect that their daughter would be born today.

"Thank you Raya." Ronda and Charlotte almost instantly tackled him in a hug. The two spoke in unison.

"Happy Birthday Lachy." A smile grew on his face.

"Thank ya both."

By the time Becky got Lachlan alone he was falling asleep. The others had just gone to get food as it was nearing six in the morning. Gently she tugged on his hand.

"Yes Love?" She motioned for him to come closer. His body instantly slipped next to hers on the bed relaxing them both.

"Happy Birthday Love." Her lips met his for a mere second before a contraction ripped through her. Becky's face buried into his shoulder as his hand gently ran along her stomach. When the pain finally passed she released a long breath. "God she really want to share her birthday with her daddy." He lightly laughed as his lips met the top of her head.

"I guess I just get lucky on my birthday." She raised an eyebrow at him. "I mean we did start dating on my birthday and now.." His hand gently strayed along her stomach. She laid her hand atop his as her lips met his neck.

"I love you Lachy." He kissed the top of her head.

"Love you more Bex." Lachlan moved from the bed when the doctor came in. The ultrasound was booted up as she spoke.

"I'm just going to check on the position of your little one and then we'll see how dilated you are Mrs. Lynch." Becky nodded before grabbing his hand. His fingers laced with hers as the probe was pressed to her skin. "Looks like she's in perfect position." A long breath was released from the redhead. The last thing she wanted to do was have a c-section. "Now let's see if you're ready." Her legs were positioned before her gown was lifted. "Looks as though you are around seven centimeters." She shifted back into her normal position as the doctor spoke again. "We're going to give you some medicine to speed this along. Just know that your contractions will speed up and become longer." She nodded before the medicine was placed into her IV. Once the room was emptied she glared at him.

"Don't give me that look Bex." He deadpanned as the others walked back in. A contraction ripped through her body causing her to crush his hand. "Fuck Bex." His hand slipped from her before Paige and Charlotte smacked the back of his head. As they forced him to grab her hand tears slipped from Becky's eyes. "Breath Love."

It took four hours for her to dilate two more centimeters.

"You know I hate your fucked up genes." The doctor eyed the two at Becky's words.

"My cancer has nothing to do with this Bex." Lachlan's words stopped her in her tracks. The two turned towards her.

"I'm sorry it's just very rare. If you don't mind me asking how long have you had cancer?" He thought about it for a moment as he studied her.

"You've been studying this haven't you?" She hesitantly nodded. "Ive been battling it for seventeen and a half years." Her mouth dropped.

"And the pregnancy's completely normal?" She stopped them before they answered. "I'm sorry. Do you both mind if I use this in my study?" The two exchanged a glance and a shrug before nodding.

"Besides finding out late completely normal." She took note of Becky's words.

"Thinking back did you experience any symptoms before you found out?" The redhead thought about it for a moment. The doctors words were distracting her for the moment.

"Not at all. I really didn't have any after either." She nodded at Becky's words.

"Any complications during the pregnancy?" The redhead sucked in a breath.

"I had a tear in my uterus caused by a blow to my stomach." The doctor eyed her as she spoke. Becky's face changed slightly as the last thing she wanted to remember is what had happened.

"Alright that's enough questions from me now. I'll be back in a half an hour to check on you." As she left the redhead turned towards Lachlan.

"You alright love?" She nodded.

"I just want her to be here so this can end." Lachlan gently moved so he was laying next to her. As his arm slipped under her head she leaned into him.

"It'll be over soon love."