Chapter 2

Ⓒ2018 AshryverArcheron. All Rights Reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you girls ready?!!" The crowd shouted for us, and I just let the adrenaline course through me.

"The girls fighting today are: Peratha of the Grey Fire Pack," Everyone erupted in cheers.
"And the famous: Cal of the Native Hunters Pack!" More cheers erupted, and the girl who had been gloating stared at me with fear.

"BEGIN!" She went to attack me first, but I easily blocked it and kicked her in the head. She groaned and while trying to get balance. I dropped her to the ground, and put her hands behind her back. She started screaming to stop since I was about to break both of her arms.

"Peratha has been disqualified!" She stared at me in shock, and I shake her hand before walking off the battle arena.

"You cheated!" She shrieked, and I just grab some water.

"No, I just went hard on someone who says that has been training since the age of ten. Seems as if you lied." She broke into tears before running off. The Queen nodded at me, but I looked away. I didn't want to win, but I didn't want to lose. Once all the girls finished fighting the royal family would speak to us. I sat in my usual fighting outfit which was a hoodie and leggings. In reality that's my outfit for everything.
"The girls who lost today will be sent back home." I leaned back in my chair, and the girl Peratha broke into tears.

"That isn't fair! Cal cheated! She didn't speak of being a warrior." She was sobbing, and the Queen stood up.
"Even if she would have lost, I for one know, she wouldn't be crying like a spoiled girl. No Queen can cry for whatever reason, only in the confinements of her home. You embarrassed your pack by crying out there." That shut the girl up, and I sighed with relief she was starting to give me and headache. Prince Aryn and I made eye contact and I could see the relief of not hearing her cry anymore.

"Take her back." The guards dragged her away, and the rest of the girls who won remained while the others left. There were 8 other girls, and i'm glad most of the annoying one's left.

"Tomorrow you girls will take a break, and by the nearing of the afternoon we will do the rest of the battles for the day. Have a goodnight." Everyone else left, and I stayed back just letting the thought of this comfortable chair relax me.

"You went easy on her didn't you?" I open my eyes, and see Aryn.

"That's the training I was taught when I actually turned 10." He sat down across from me and frowned.

"Were you and your brother close?"I look down at his foot which was resting on mine.

"No, well we were until they died." He leaned forward, and made me look at him. I look into his blue eyes.

"How did they die?" I lean away, and stare out the window.

"I was just eight when my mother was murdered. I was in the house, and I could have stopped it, but I was too late. This scar is from the man who caused my mother's death. When my father found us, he instantly changed. He forced Cibil and I to train until midnight. He wanted us to be deadly so no one could kill us like they killed Mama. He died a year later on the same day Mama had died. We were orphans, but the Beta took us in he raised us while taking care of the pack until Cibil was old enough." He stood up, and offered his hand. I raise an eyebrow, and he smirks.

"Can you trust me?" Trust no one, came to my mind. I force out a smile, and stand up without taking his hand.

"I'm not a Princess." he chuckles, and leads me somewhere. He goes into the library, and I stop to admire it. It was gorgeous, and held so many books. I turn around, and admire everything. I sigh in happiness when someone tugs at my hoodie. I turn and Aryn chuckles.