Chapter 17

-Calynn-

I was supposed to go to interviews today. I didn't want to, so I laid in bed thinking back to the story of Kayden. How could someone be so cruel? To kill a mother in front of her child. I stop thinking for a second and shake my head. My mother was killed in front of my eyes. Of course I still sympathize, I know what it's like to lose my mother, but I didn't watch both of them die torturous deaths. My father died of depression because of my mother's death. I stare at my ceiling, wondering how easily I could kill Aryn right now. That's when Brielle comes to my mind, and the thought of Kayden dying sends me into a frenzy. I would never want her to go through that pain, I wouldn't want anyone going through that pain. The thing is, he's brought so much death it's what he deserves. But what right do I have to decide who dies and who lives?

"Well you are the Queen of Queens, which means you rule death as well." I ignore my wolf. She missed her mate more than I did. My eyes start to drop again, I wanted to sleep away all this stress. That's when a knock came to the door. I sniff the air and know its Aryn. I try to hide the urge to vomit, he probably already heard my heart beat so he knows I'm awake.

"Yes?" I groan out and he chuckles and COMES INTO MY ROOM?! How did he have a key?! I mentally freak out and make sure my heart stays calm.

"Hello my beautiful Calynn, today you have meetings to attend to since you will be the future Queen of the Lightning Pack." He said with a grin. I let a smile form onto my face, and then he takes my face into his hands and kisses me. I try not to gag, and let the pain in my heart envelope me. I need to know this pain, this pain is what is making me get through this.

"Okay, what should I wear?" He shrugs and runs a hand through my hair.

"A dress, one that fits you like a glove." I nod and watch as he leaves my room. I glare at the door and get out of bed. I sniff the air and stiffen, someone who shouldn't be here is here. I walk into my closet and smirk as I sense who this person is.
"Calynn Letum, the future Queen of Queens." I hide the smirk that tries to form on my face, Lyra was prancing around in my mind. Her teeth showing, and her fur puffed up. So full of herself.

"And you, are a cousin of mine." I stare into mirroring silver blue eyes. He nods and steps out, he looked like a god. He had messy black hair with a perfectly scultped face, and nice tan skin.

"Jon Deus, first cousin of yours." I nod and lean against my closet door.

"I have to get ready Jon Deus, gotta go be the future Queen of Lightning." He snorts and raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.
"Thank you for the compliment, I do know my face is quite precious." I roll my eyes and grab a silver dress that showed my tanned shoulders and slit where my leg can be seen. I pick up matching silver heels before turning to him.

"So you can read minds?" He nods and smirks, as if proud of himself.

"Hey, I can read minds of course I'm proud." I nod and walk out of the closet. He goes towards my door and locks it.

"Your mate is killing us off." Jon Deus says and I nod as I walk into my bathroom. I put the dress and heels on before applying some simple makeup.

"I know Jon Deus, and the faster I get out of here the faster I can stop your deaths." I sit in front of the mirror in my room and watch as he paces. I start doing a french braid and put little sparkly clips.

"Well, what are you doing here then? You are grandmother's favorite! You could destroy everyone in this castle in seconds! What are you doing?!" Jon Deus is mad and I glance at him and roll my eyes.

"Every warrior has a plan, if you want to save our people make them relent to my mate. He's killing us off because he's afraid we will take his reign. He is a good King and has been raised right. He is damaged, but right." I turn and stare into his eyes. "So don't question him!" Jon glares but sighs and nods.