Chapter 3

I scream out in pain, my brain trying to decide if I should switch into my wolf or stay in human form. I don't want to breathe, and my mouth is opened, my eyes just staring at the Queen whose eyes are now a burning gold. The usual gold a wolf gets when connecting memories. I go through the Queen's memories as she goes through mine.

I stand in a room filled with the huge Alpha leaders, the five Alpha Kings. The Alpha King of Fire, the Alpha King of Water, the Alpha King of Air, the Alpha King of Earth, and the Alpha King of Lightning. I feel so intimidated, I wonder why I was in this room.

"Rubella, come. I want to introduce you to a good old friend of mine." I turn and follow a man with black hair and grey eyes.

"Rubella, Alpha King Landon of the Moonfire Walkers." I bow down and he frowns a bit.

"This is your daughter, Robert?" My father nods and looks down at me with pride.

"Yes, the packs best warrior and most gorgeous girl of them all." I smile and thank my father, just like he trained me. This was the night my whole life would change.

"Well, you do know that, Alpha King Percival of the Royal Lightning Peak Pack, is looking for a final girl to compete for the title of his Luna Queen. And though you may be under my division of Fire, I would allow for little Rubella to compete for the Alpha King's heart if you would allow it." Deep inside my body shivered and my very wolf whined in fear. We didn't want to continue being a little doll for the rest of the pack, once we finished training we wanted to leave... get away from the Alpha world and fight.

"You really don't have to." I butt in, I decide my future no Alpha will. He looks down at me and anger sparks his eyes.

"Oh but I must, we need a spy in the Lightning pack, and you... my dear. You are perfect." He grips my arm and pulls me towards the Alpha King.

"You need one more person to compete for your heart, don't you Alpha King Percival?" He turns to me and I inhale in surprise, he was downright perfect. With electric blue eyes that spark an interest in me that makes me want to stare at them all day. His messy brown hair with highlights of blonde just so nice and silky, I wanted to run my fingers through it.

"Yes, but someone from my Kingdom. Not someone from fire." But the way he stared at me said otherwise.

"Hmm... it's fine if you don't need girls from the other kingdoms. I actually was wondering if I could speak to him in private, Alpha Landon." I turn to my Alpha and he gives me the scariest glare, that my wolf wants to cower but this is my one chance to escape.

"Of course." he turns and leaves and I sigh with relief before turning to Alpha Percival.

"I have a proposition for you..."

My eyes snap open and I stare at Queen Rubella with wide eyes. She was looking back at me with sad eyes, really sad eyes.

"The pain-" I shake my head and stand up. Shivering a bit, I felt so exposed. I felt so... invaded. Lyra, my wolf, was too quiet and I wonder if she scared her off.

"Did you get the information?" She nods and stands up. My wrist already healing from the cut.

"What did you see?"I felt so confused, and I stare at her before letting my shoulders drop.
"You would have made such a great warrior, Luna Queen Rubella. If you ever want the rest of the training, I can give it to you since I am a certified trainer." Her eyes brighten a bit and a smile forms on her lips.