Chapter 4

Hey guys, sorry for not having updated in a while. I was working on my other book, and doing homework so my time management was not the best this week. Hopefully I can update more during the weekend. So, this chapter is going to be a lil weird. It's going to have different POV's. But I'll warn you and let you know who it is so you don't get confused. I hope you enjoy!

~Isabel

____________*>~~~\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////~~~<*____________

~Calynn's POV~

I make it to the King's throne room and stop midway and let my claws come out as I climb to the ceiling. My nails cutting up the wall. Two rogues go by under me.

"Where is the girl? Strix needs her." My heart clenches at the mention of his name. The man who killed my mother, I still can't understand why he would kill her.

"Wait-" They look at the claw marks, and it's already too late because I drop down behind them. My fangs elongated and my claws at the back of their necks.
"Good luck next time, boys." I slit their throat and turn right on type to catch a poisonous arrow directed at me. I grin and move my arm backwards before throwing it with all of my might at the man. It went through his forehead. I break into a run into the throne room and change into my wolf. The robe tearing apart, as I come for the heads of those coming to kill my King.

"Be careful, Calynn!" Aryn shouts as they punch him in the face. I growl in anger and bite the throat off of the wolf that was fighting me. I run to Aryn and change into my human form. I slice the throat of the rogue that was holding Aryn hostage. He stares at me and i fall into his arms groaning in pain. I was naked and blood was dripping from my side. The guy had sliced deep into my stomach.

"Here." He takes off the robe and I put it on groaning as I do so. I put my hand on my stomach and he looks down at me.

"Calynn, what do your heightened skills say?" I take a shaky breath and close my eyes and open them.

"Five are coming this way, and... your mom is fine." He sighs in relief and hugs me tight.

"Thank you, I needed that reassurance. Do you know where she is?" I freeze, do you know where she is. That's not something a Prince would ask unless... I grab the knife he has and stab him in the stomach. He groans and the guy who stands before me has blonde hair and the dark blue with grey eyes. The same I do. He stares down at me a grins.

"Hello cousin." He takes the knife out and it immediately heals.

"I can't believe you would stab me when I gave you something to wear." He puts his hand to my stomach and I hiss at how warm it is. I look down and I'm fully healed. I stare at him and smile.

"Thank you." I punch him as hard as I can. I then knee him where the sun does not shine and he falls in pain. I take the knife from him and break out into a run towards where the Queen is and someone else. I think about Aryn and I try and create a link.

"He is safe, Cal. Go and defend the Queen our grandmother needs us to." I change into Lyra and let her lead the way. Our skills letting us go by undetected by the rogues. We make it to a room that looked like a... well a closet. I change into myself and take the clothes from a dead body and put it on as I walk into the room. It's quiet and I feel a shiver go down my back.

"Calynn, my sweet, it's been a while." I turn and stare at his black eyes.

"Strix, is it true?" I whisper and he stares at me and looks away.