Chapter 9

Helloooooo sorry for not updating that much but I've been trying to write ahead so I can update bigger amounts of chapters if that makes any sense. I hope you guys like this chapter, its kind of a fill in but chapter 10 is kind of intense. 

~Isabel

-Kayden-

I watch her sleeping figure and wondered what Strix was making her watch.

"I'm showing her the memory of you both meeting for the very first time and when her mother disagreed. She needs to know the truth." I don't say anything only feeling guilty for taking some of her memories away.

I love her, so much, and everyday I fall deeper in love with her. In the way she smiles, stares, analyzes, and just is. She's perfect and so amazing even after everything she'd gone through. I couldn't believe this was my mate. My oh so gorgeous and perfect mate. Strix had been working on her ever since the conversation with her brother which was about five hours ago. I groan too exhausted to stay up.

I dream of my family.

"Kayden, come on." My father growled out as he dragged me out of the house. I had bothered him again, and I was shaking with fear as he chained me to the post. The representatives of those we reigned over came out to watch the King of Kings whip his son to almost death. All I could think about was the little girl I had seen in my dreams last night. Her beautiful silver and blue eyes staring into mine with a huge smile on her face.

"Nors! What are you doing?!" I hear my mother scream and I struggle to lift my head up. She stared at me with tears falling from her eyes. My baby boy. She kept on mouthing. All I could do was imagine the little girl, I knew deep inside she would save me one day. She would bring happiness into my life and fill up the holes of pain and death my father had given me.

I wake up and make sure she's still sleeping and I smile as I see her snuggled up and drooling a little on the pillows.

I happily fall asleep at the thought that my mate would now know I'm the one for her.