Chapter 16

-Kayden-

I've been watching her every move. It was Tuesday today and on Sunday is the final fight. I'm glad that she has someone with her, and keeping her happy while she goes through this. Brielle means no harm and only wants to have her mate. I can tell her wolf wanted to be friends with Calynn's because of Lyra's power. Brielle wanted to be friends out of pure kindness. My girl was safe and I wasn't as worried as before, but I was still worried. I hated the thought of not being around her daily.

"Has she gotten any information?" I nod and give Greyson what I wrote down. Calynn had to kiss him, three times, and that's three broken bones. Everytime Aryn kisses her I count the bones I'll break.

"Rubella says Calynn's been doing well." Greyson says and I nod and smile at the thought of her. She was doing well, but I could tell she missed me very much. She hated this as much as I did.

"Yes, has she told you of their weaknesses?" I look up as Greyson places a piece of paper filled with organized writing.
"Here, now go sleep. Relax." I sigh and go to tell him to leave me alone but his wolf was being persistent. Greyson hated seeing me like this, my best friend knew when I was breaking and it is right now. I get up and am about to go sleep when I feel her staring out of my eyes.

"Calynn?" I hear a purr in my mind and I can't help but sigh with happiness. I love and miss her so much.

"I'm safe by the way, and I made a new friend!! Can you believe it?! I also am getting some new information. He just called me to his office to answer some questions of mine, he was wondering why I was getting so close to Brielle, such a pathetic fool." I grin as she says this, she hated him as much as I did.

"What did you get?" I take out a piece of paper and I hear her sigh.

"An attack is being planned for the night of the final fight. He thinks you're some weak monster and feels that you don't deserve that spot as King of Kings. You should let me just kill him already." I chuckle at that and run a hand through my hair.

"No, I kill him. He's taken so much from me already, well his dad most of all." I run a hand down my face trying to forget the memory, but knowing Calynn. She is intruiged.

"What happened?" She whispers and I sigh but close my eyes and share the memory with her.

300 Years Ago

I stood in father's practice field. He had died a while ago because of illnesses and just the goddess' will. She wanted him gone. I was fine with him being gone. He never loved me and I never loved him. My mother had died when I was young, she was too afraid to fight for me and was cursed. She died a few days after being cursed, too weak to fight it off. But, I still needed a mother figure in my life. That woman was Paloma Baker, a normal human who knew of my family's existence. My father gave her the gift of immortality, but was still mortal at heart. She was like my mother, and cared for me as if I was her own. She made me into the person I am today. She softened the hardened soldier my father had made me into. I stare out at the field with a smile, Paloma and her son stood there playing, she had found the love of her life and he was a werewolf. I thought my fields were safe, that no one would ever intrude. So I turned and left inside to finish my work. King Percival, Prince Percival at that time, came out and kidnapped the two of them. I didn't know until Gaige came, frantically looking for his wife and child. I told him what I had seen, and told him my fields were safe that she was probably at the playground with little Greyson. He said he checked, and I didn't believe him. He left and found Paloma and Greyson's scent, and another lingering scent. I went looking for them the next day only to be too late. Gaige and Paloma were both tortured, only Paloma had her mortal heart ripped out of her. She died that very instant, and Gaige. He had been fed silver, he was burned from the inside out. I found Greyson curled up in a little ball by his mother's feet. He was sobbing, and so was I. My mother, the woman I loved like my mother. And the man that raised me to be a gentleman, who raised me as his own son. He was killed, and I didn't do shit. I took Greyson into my arms and faced Prince Percival. He was covered in Paloma's blood, a psychopathic grin on his face. I regret not having listened to Gaige, but I murdered Prince Percival's father that very night, and his true first born. I killed them both, no sympathy or pain. Only relief and pure revenge coursing through my veins. I helped Greyson, and raised him. Me becoming his best friend over the years and teaching him just how his father taught me.

Present

"Kayden, that's horrible. I'm so sorry, now I really want to kill them both." All i can do is nod and sigh.

"I'm going to go, I have spying to do tomorrow. But... I'm counting the seconds to be back with you. Goodnight Kayden." She whispered and I just didn't have the energy to wish her a goodnight back. Not after the memories I just recollected.

Why was my life like this?