Chapter 13

-Calynn-

I groan as I open my eyes. What the fuck happened?? Where was I? What happened to Kayden?

"Cal, hey." I turn, everything spinning. I see Aryn sitting on the other side of the cell??

"Where am I?! Why am I in a cell?" I almost scream, I hated being in closed spaces, after my mother's death I hated being in the closed spaces. I felt trapped, and vulnerable I never wanted to feel vulnerable ever again.

"Remember the evil man I was telling you about yesterday?" I stare at Aryn and nod. Anger in me, how dare he take me away from my mate?!
"Well, he's your mate. We have to keep you in here and make sure he doesn't come and kidnap you. We're keeping you in here to keep you safe." I stare at him and will tears to fall. His eyes crack at the sight of me crying.

"Come here." He whispers and unlocks the cell. He pulls me into his arms and i cry into them.

"I don't want to be mated to him. I want to be mated to you, I-I love you." I cry out, and hate the words. I hate them coming out and Aryn hearing them and not Kayden.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you safe. I'll make you mine, Cally." He pulled back and kissed me. I kiss him back, but don't feel the delicious sparks I feel when I'm with Kayden. He pulls back and looks into my eyes with happiness. I felt so bad, but I love Kayden and I'm doing this to escape this hell my brother brought me into.

"I'm going to convince my father to let you continue competing." I want to contradict him, but I know I can't. What will I do?

Prince Aryn left after an hour of holding me in his arms. He said he was going to go talk to his father, his father, the man that put me in this position. I stand up and start pacing the cell, I glare at the lock that's dripping with silver. I turn and punch the wall. I hurt my hand more than the wall, but it felt good. I felt alive, I felt ready to kill anyone who opened that door.

"Calynn." I turn and stare at Queen Rubella. She was staring at me with wide eyes.
"He-He sent me to tell you that I-I'll b-be protecting you du-during your h-h-heat." I stare at Queen Rubella and sniff the air, my wolf Lyra mad at the thought another female was around our mate.

"She called him DENNY." Lyra hissed in my mind and then I stiffen. 

I felt the stabbing pain go through my womb. I scream out and fall on my knees, it was starting and I feel a new wave of tears come falling down. We could have been together right now. 

"Calynn!" Queen Rubella rushes towards me and I look up at her and her eyes widen in pure and utter shock.
"You-you're glowing!" I look down at my skin and see glowing markings, with strange but beautiful designs. I forgot about the pain for a second, only a second before it came in full wave all over again. I double over in pain and feel anything that was in my stomach come out. I jump to the bucket in the corner and vomit everything out. My stomach coming out empty and leaving me in even more pain. 

"Oh my-you aren't going to survive this." I look up at her with weary eyes as I watch her disappear. My body was heating up and before I knew it, the room was spinning and I lose consciousness. 

____________*>~~~\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////~~~<*____________

Short chapter I know... but don't worry I gotchuuu because I'll be updating more. I also would like to say thank you for still reading my book since I am terrible at posting and haven't posted in a phat minute. What i've been doing lately is just writing, writing, and writing and then going back and seeing how much I wrote. I'm taking summer Pre-Med in my school so I won't be updating much until the beginning of July. So just a heads up, I hope you guys enjoyed!!

~Isabel