Chapter 15

-Calynn-

Someone was pouring something down my throat. I open my eyes and see Rubella nodding at me. I swallow it and once I've finished the whole cup I pull away.

"What was that?" I murmur and wipe my lips.

"It's something to stop your pain. Kayden took some so you both don't die. Since you are not royals but gods, your bond is so much stronger. You or him could die if you aren't together during your heat." I just stare at her and realize she's right as my pain slowly starts disappearing.

"Is Kayden going to save me?" I whisper so quietly I wonder if she actually heard me.
"Yes, but not right now. You need to continue on with the competition and making sure everything is okay here." She says making a face at me. 

He wants me to continue getting information. 

"Okay." I nod and hear my stomach growl. The only pain I feel now.

"King Percival is allowing you to continue competing for Prince Aryn's heart." She gave me a warm smile and I grin.

"Good! I-I really like Aryn." I whisper and she goes to speak when King Percival walks into the room and smiles at me.

"Calynn, you are coming back into the competition. Are you fit enough to compete?" I stand up and nod. Determination coursing through my veins. Get as much information out of King Percival and Prince Aryn. Whatever it takes, as much as I hate the thought of me doing whatever it takes. I must to protect my future Kingdom.

"Great, take her to her room and get her ready for the fights. It's in half an hour." I nod and watch as he walks out. They unlock the cell and I run to my room. 

I rush inside and strip naked, I stare at myself. Scars of many years of fighting and training and being out in the sun made my skin a nice tan with a few white scars here and there. I put on my black leggings and a simple black sports bra. I tie my dark hair into a ponytail and stare at myself in the mirror once more. I can do this, I can act a little bit longer and once I succeed I can go home and be with my mate.

"Calynn!" Someone was knocking on the door and I get out of the bathroom and go to the door. I open it and see Aryn staring at me with wide eyes. His eyes darkening with lust as he sees my outfit. I almost punched him, almost.

"The competition started, are you ready?" I nod and grab my water before following him.

"Aryn, he won't be able to get me right?" I ask glancing at him through my eyelashes. He looks down at me and the look of protectiveness that flashes through his eyes has me worried.

 Why did he like me so much? 

"I'll make sure nothing happens to you." I nod and put my hand in his. 

"Aryn, I want to know more about him. Not because he's my mate, but because I want to know my enemy well." I whisper and Aryn gives me a look of understanding before nodding.

"After, I'll meet you in my room and we'll talk." He whispers and gives me a kiss on the cheek before turning and leaving. I take a deep breath and fight the urge to wipe the kiss off my cheek. I go through the doors and make it to the arena.

"Beta Calynn of the Native Hunters Pack versus Nina Acosta of The Ironfang Pack." She bared her iron teeth at me as her iron nails slid out. 

They were made of pure iron, her hair shining the bright silver as she got into fighting position. I take a deep breath once I feel Kayden's hot gaze on my spine. Lyra purred with happiness, she wanted me to turn and look but I would not. Not right now.