Chapter 11

-Calynn-

Everyone goes silent as I walk in, I go to the corner and start doing some exercise my father taught me when I was little. Once my body is ready, I start kicking and punching the bags and I would hit so hard I broke a few. Everyone had already left the room by then, so when I hear someone open the door I knew it was someone who didn't belong in this room. I turn around and bow for King Percival.

"Ah, Beta Calynn, or shall I say future Princess Calynn?" I frown and awkwardly chuckle.

"I haven't won yet, King Percival." King Percival nods and is already standing too close to me. I'm afraid something is going to happen, and I try to mind-link Kayden but to no avail. He wasn't answering.

"Oh, but I didn't mean my son's wife. You see Calynn, you are quite the beauty. The most beautiful I've ever seen, even prettier than the Queen herself. What if I didn't offer you the title of Princess but of a Queen?" He takes a loose strand of my hair and places it behind my ear.

"What is going on here?" I look up, grateful to see Queen Rubella standing there with a frown. I almost let out a sigh of relief before stepping away from the King.

"King Percival was just wishing me luck for tomorrow's fights." He nods and smiles at me.

"Think about the offer, Beta Calynn. It'll do you well." He gives a pleasant smile to his wife before leaving. I take my knife and launch it at the door, in the spot where he just stood. Queen Rubella chuckled and came towards me.

"He is quite the player, I'm glad I came just in time or else Denny would have killed me." Denny. Denny. Denny. She called my mate Denny. My wolf wants to growl at her, mine. No one elses. Only my mate.

"Why would he have killed you?" I ask with a frown. Damn well knowing why he would kill her.

"He seems a bit interested in you, don't know why." She sounded sassy towards me, and I tried to not growl at her.

"Me either, well, keep your husband on a better leash." She chuckles and nods.
"I'll see you tonight Queen Rubella." I walk out my wolf barely at the point of taking control.

"Is my little mate jealous?" I ignore him, too pissed to respond. 

First off he doesn't help me when a King is about to touch me all over. Second, it turns out Queen Rubella and him have been getting really close which makes my wolf want to rip her to shreds. I take a deep breath as I make it to the pool. I strip my clothes off and dive into the pool. I stay underwater for a few minutes before resurfacing. I needed this, I needed to relax and to breath. 

I go to the edge of the pool and lay my head on my arms as I stare at the sky.

"Calynn." I hear someone whisper and I look around, goosebumps rising on my arms, and then I realize who it is.

"Grandmother." I close my eyes and open them to find myself in a comfy little house, and on the rocking chair sat the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She had long black hair with eyes the color of pure gold.

"Hello, my little Calynn." She gave me a warm smile and motioned for me to sit in the chair next to her. I do so and stare at her in awe, she was not the old lady I imagined her to be.

"I know I don't seem like the usual grandmother." She said with such an angelic chuckle I couldn't help but sigh in happiness. She brought peace and happiness.

"No, but I don't mind." I whisper and she smiles at me. Her teeth pearly whites.

"Well, I've called you because I need to warn you of something." The lightness in her eyes disappeared and I straightened up, the awe disappearing as my seriousness took its place.