Chapter 10

I'm back again, kinda surprised I'm updating three times in one day, I hope you enjoy this chapter because it made me super happy!!!

~Isabel

-Calynn-

I gasp for air as I'm sucked out of that vision or memory or whatever it was. I look around the room and see Kayden sleeping in one of the chairs. The room was clean and dark, with black walls and a black ceiling, but a bright grey light in the corner was the only source of brightness. Strix was nowhere to be seen but two bite marks on my wrist told me he had been here a few minutes ago.

"You didn't want to kill my mother." I whisper, realization hitting me. Kayden had warned her what would happen, and when she said she didn't care. He had been sad, hurt knowing he would have to hurt his mate's own mother. Hurt his mate in the process.

"No I didn't." He whispers and I stare at him.

"But you had to because you didn't want to lose me." He nodded, his head was in his hands.

"I don't think there are enough sorry's I could say." He murmurs and leans back in the seat. I take a closer look at him, he had bags under his eyes. His hair was a mess and his eyes held so much sadness it pained me.
"That's why you wore gloves." He frowns before awkwardly chuckling.

"Uh-yea." I nod and stare at him before scooting over in the huge bed and patting it motioning for him to lay down next to me. He doesn't question me before laying down next to me. I take his gloved hands and take the gloves off. I place my hand in his. The tingles that erupted and then went all the way to core made me hum with happiness. I had a connection with Kayden that I didn't know of, when I met him in that cave I was afraid but.... I grew to feel comfortable with him.

"Do you hate me?" He whispers and I stare into his eyes. His strange silver eyes staring into my own.

"No, I never hated you. I was hurt though, so hurt that the one time I open up to someone. That someone had killed my mother. But I saw the memory, and you warned her." He sighs and nods. His eyes closing and I know he feels relief.

"You should have just told me." I whisper and he opens his eyes and stares at me.

"I couldn't bear the thought of losing you." I sit up and turn to him.

"No, you couldn't man up." I growled at him and he glares at me.
"Are you calling me a coward?!"
"Yes! Because you should have told me the moment you saw me in your office that I was your mate! You are such a coward!" I shout at him and he stares at me with wide eyes before eyes going into slits and in seconds I'm under him and he has my arms and legs pinned down.
"Call me a coward one more time." I stare into his eyes and smirk.

"C.O.W.A.R.D. Coward!"He stares at me and grins at me before showering me with kisses. I giggle as he nips at my neck and at the place a mark should be.

"S-stop i-i-it Kay-Kay-Kayden!!" I laugh as he pulls away and stares at me.

"Make that sound again?" I snort and laugh at him.

"What sound?" His eyes brighten and he nods like a little two year old.
"That happy noise you made?" I smile and snort before laughing again.

"I love that noise." He whispers and doesn't move from laying on top of me.

"Kayden..." I whisper as I run my hand through his hair.

"I have to go back." He stays quiet before staring up at me. Some of his brown hair falling in between his eyes. I run my hand through his hair and let the sparks send chills through me. He closes his eyes and groans before hugging me closer.

"No, I don't want to let you go. I've been waiting for the day I could keep you with me forever. Stay with me forever." I close my eyes and enjoy his warmth and comfort.

"I need to know if King Percival is going to actually plan something." He sighs and rolls off of me. He stands up and holds his ungloved hand out to me. I take it and he helps me up before pulling me to his arms. I hug him tight and close my eyes savoring my mate, my one true love. I'm mated to an idiot, but a handsome idiot in all honesty. I open my eyes when he pulls away. We weren't in that room anymore, we were in my room in King Percival's palace.

"You know you are going to have to fight for my heart." I say with a grin as I walk to my closet and grab some training clothes.

"What?!" He yelps at me in shock and I smirk as I walk into the bathroom and change.

"Well, you made me go through a lot of pain I'm not going to just let you into my life. I also need to get to know you better. I don't even know what your favorite food is." I step out of the bathroom and he's leaning against the wall waiting for me.
"Then let me take you out on a date and you can figure it out." He had a cheeky smile and I couldn't help but snort.
"No, because I have to be your little spy." He pouts and glares at me.

"But Calynnnnnn, pleaseeeee."He made puppy eyes and I'm about to give in when someone knocks on my door. We both stiffen and he tugs me to his chest. I pull away and put my hand to his cheek to calm him down. His eyes stay trained on the door and he mind-links me.

"It's Prince Aryn." He growls in my mind. I kiss his cheek and walk to the door. 

I open it and Prince Aryn smiles at me.
"I knocked earlier but I guess you were sleeping and recovering" He glances down at my arm and I nod.

"Huh? Oh yea, I was I just woke up." He nods and glances into my room. I open the door and let him in.

"So, what made you come earlier?" He glances at me and gives me a small chuckle.
"Well, ummm... I wanted to ask if you wanted to attend a dinner with me and my family?" I smile and sit down on my bed as I put my training shoes on.

"I'd love to attend, at what time?" He grins and runs a hand through his brown hair, not at all the same as Kayden's.

"At 7, I'll come by and pick you up?" I nod and he grins.
"See you then, Cal." He mockingly bows and I do my own mock bow before he leaves my room. I chuckle at the encounter when Kayden appears in front of me with a stern look.
"So you agree to go on a date with him and not me?!" Hurt and indignation clear in his eyes. I roll my eyes and grab my exercise jacket.

"Kayden, it's a dinner with his family. Not just him." I start walking towards the door but he grabs my hand. Delicious sparks going up and down my arm.

"Calynn." He whispers and I turn around to see him staring at me with a little pout. It brought a smile on my face.

"Kayden, you have to win my heart over. But it doesn't mean you don't already have it. I'm doing this to help you out, I'll see you later." I kiss his cheek and walk out the door and towards the training room. 

____________*>~~~\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////\\\\////~~~<*____________

What do you guys think?!!! I'm glad they know already tbh, Kayden was going through too much pain. Anyways I hope you enjoyed!! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!!

~Isabel