03. MACUSA.

They reappear into another alleyway when Tina whips out her wand and points it at the man.

"Who are you?" Tina demands of him.

"Tina! There's a reasonable explanation for this misunderstanding. " Esther blurts as an attempt to defuse the situation.

Tina narrows her eyes glaring at her.

"And you, how could you let him do this? You know there's a situation happening. You're no better than him." She lectures her coworker.

"I'm sorry. What's going on? " the wizard asks lost in their feud.

" Who are you? " Tina repeats.

"Newt Scamander. And you?" He greets.

"What's that thing in your case? " She inquires.

"It's a Niffler. Completely harmless." Esther answers for him.

" I wasn't asking you." Tina barks.

"Tina, do you have any idea of how rude you're being? I'm so sorry, Mr.Scamander. This is Tina Goldstein." Esther introduces her agitated coworker.

She loses her train of thought while glancing at his charming face. He shares a small, crooked smile with her. Upon realizing her stare, she blushes and redirects her eyes at Tina, who had mustard on her upper lip.

"Er... Tina, you've got something on your.." She starts, but Tina figures out what she was going to say. Her sleeve brushes against her upper lip leaving the mustard smeared on her coat.

"Why in the name of Deliverance Dane did you let that thing out? " She bugs.

"I didn't mean to- he's incorrigible you see, anything shiny he's all over the place," Newt explains to dismiss her accusations.

"You didn't mean to? " She shouts.

He shakes his head, "No."

"It was an accident, Tina. Nifflers are naturally mischievous." the redhead vouches. Newt nods in agreeance appreciative of her defense.

"They really are." Newt agrees. He glimpses at her, his eyes soften as he focuses on her face. He notices determination in her eyes even with strands of red hair brushing against her lashes.

"You could not have chosen a worse time to let that creature loose! I'm taking you in. " she insists.

"We both know you don't have the authority to do that." Esther protests.

Newt snaps back into reality, uncertain of the witch's conversation. "You're taking me where?" the wizard asks. She brandishes her official ID card adorning an American eagle: MACUSA

"Magical Congress of the United States of America." She explains.

"So you work for MACUSA? What are you, some kind of investigator?" He asks trying to understand the situation he's gotten himself into.

Tina hesitates at first, "Uh-huh. Please tell me you obliviated the no-maj." She puts her ID away.

"The what?" He replies.

His eyebrows furrow, unfamiliar with the American term for muggles. Esther chuckles at Tina's frustration.

"Oh, a no-maj is our term for muggle. You didn't know?" She replies to him.

"This can't possibly be funny at all to you. Did you obliviate him? " Tina pesters. Newt's eyes glance behind the other witch to avoid eye contact.

"Well-I..." He mumbles, assuming how she'll react.

"That's a section 3A, Mr.Scamander. I'm taking you both in." She orders. She grabs them by the arms to teleport again.