04. Evidence.

The three of them set off to find Newt's suitcase.

  "Hold on," Esther says, halting from her stride.

Both Newt and Tina stop, wondering what she's planning.

"Beans can help us find the no-maj." She suggests opening her satchel.

  A smile brightens Tina's face, " Brilliant. "

  A cat climbs out of Esthers satchel. Newt smiles at the coincidence.

  "A kneazle. You'll be wonderful in getting my case back." The wizard comments, kneeling to stroke the feline.

  Beans rubs his head against the stranger's hand, purring happily. The sight of their interaction warms Esther's heart. She puts the no-maj's case down for Beans to sniff. He curls around the case, to gain the no-maj's scent then sets off towards Broadway.

  They follow the feline through a busy street on the lower Eastside when Beans looks up from his path. They all hear a loud buzzing overhead. Newt spins, horrified of the sound and noticing the quick insect.

  "Wait a minute, is that...? Is that a billywig?" Esther asks chasing the insect with her eyes.

  " No, er- it's a moth, a very big moth, " he lies.

  They round a corner to find a half-collapsed building and a large crowd shouting at the police officers. Her eyes dart through the crowd searching for her cat.  A wave of relief washes over her finding him at a stoop on the partially ruined building.

  A hobo near them chimes into the crowd, "It wasn't gas - hey officer! I seen it! It wuzza a gigantic - a huge hippopotto-" he bellows.

  Newt hears the no-maj's words. The man could be describing his erumpent. He pulls his wand from within his sleeve and points it at the man. He casts another spell.

  "-Gas. It was gas." The hobo said, joining in with the crowd.

The crowd agrees. The commotion grows louder as the officers are overwhelmed by their shouts. She glances at the sky once more, spotting the billywig.

  'I thought it was..'

  Tina stands in the crowd determined to find the source of the loud buzzing. Newt takes this chance to run off from her.  The Auror's persistence has distracted him on his mission long enough. Esther searches for the wizard among the crowd. She gazes back at Beans, wondering if Newt is with him. She shoves herself through the crowd to follow him. For some reason, she's enthralled by the magizoologist. Beans led them up to Mr.Kowalski's apartment where Newt opens the door. Esther trails behind him.

  The room is in complete disarray; footprints, broken furniture, shattered glass, and even worse, a massive hole in the opposite wall. Did more of his beasts escape? The no-maj is groaning in the far corner.

  "You help him. I can handle the damages." She orders.

  Newt follows her words. He crouches next to the no-maj, whose on his back and groaning. He looks him over, checking for injuries.

  She pulls her wand from her satchel. It's sandy brown in shade, from a hornbeam tree. The base swirls, conforming to her hand as she casts, " Repairo."  The bricks reassemble into the wall, furniture fuse back together, and glass repairs itself.

  Newt tries to examine the small, red bite on his neck, but the no-maj continues to bat him away.

  "If you can't get a good look, Tina will be in here soon enough. She'll be able to inspect it." Esther advises him.