05. Dont get Attached.

At last, they make it to the Goldstein's apartment. The room is bright with shades of pink and teal throughout the place as well as magic bursting within its walls. An iron is working away on its own in the corner. A clothes horse is wobbling in front of a burning fireplace adorned with intimate wear. Magazines cover the tablespace within the middle of the room.

A blonde bombshell stood in a corner of the kitchen in only a pink slip. The witch is overseeing a dress being repaired on a dress mannequin. The no-maj is thunderstruck by her. Her curls framed her soft cheeks and her body is slender and feminine. Newt blushes at the unseemly sight of the exposed women and looks away. Tina is embarrassed by her sister's audacity, even though her sister had no idea Tina would be bringing home guests. Men, of all things.

The bombshell turns with a charming smile. "Teenie! Esther! You brought men home?" She asks in a high tone.

"Gentlemen, this is my sister, Queenie. You want to put something on? " she introduces.

With a flick of her ebony wand, a dress flies in the room and runs up her body. Tina begins to tidy up the place so her 'guests' have a seat.

"So, who are they? Esther, do you know these men?" She asks her best friend.

"For starters, she picked us off the street." Esther answers in a low tone.

Tina rolls her eyes. "No. One of these gentlemen has committed a serious crime." Tina elaborates.

"Lies. He didn't get the chance to obliviate this no-maj and now she's using him as a witness for her own gain. " Esther corrects the auror.

Queenie's face glistens in awe upon mentioning the no-maj who she's assuming is the round, sweaty fellow. "A no-maj?" She asks. Her eyes squint with curiosity. " Teenie, what are you up to? " she whispers to her sister.

"He's sick. It's a long story..."

Jacob suddenly staggers out of Newts grasp. Worried, Queenie rushes to the man. He falls on the couch.

"Sit down, honey." She consoles the man. "Oh, you haven't eaten all day? Poor thing. He didn't get the money he wanted for his bakery. You bake, honey? I love to cook. " His thoughts are effortless for her to hear within her mind. She's a natural-born legilimens.

Newt turns to Queenie, aroused by her ability to read minds. "You're a legilimens?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I always have trouble with your kind. Brits. It's the accent. " she says, hiding the fact that she can.

"You know how to read minds!?" Jacob blurts, mortified of her hearing his inappropriate thoughts.

"Aw, don't worry, honey. Most guys think what you was thinking the first time they see me." She giggles.

Esther feels the bowtruckle moving in her pocket. She looks at the wizard, whose hand is already on the doorknob. She goes to him.

"Mr.Scamander," she calls. He takes his hand off the doorknob. "I believe you dropped something from when I crashed into you," she says this while the insect sits on her palm in front of him.

His eyes widen. "Whomping Willows! Where did you find him?" He reaches out to the creature, except it hesitates to climb on his hand. "Pickett. Come to mummy." He cooes. Pickett, the bowtruckle clicks at its owner before climbing onto his palm. She giggles at their exchange.

"Pickett? That's a darling name for it, " she comments. Newt smiles being reunited with his companion from his years at Hogwarts.

"He." The wizard corrects her.