Part 1

It was a warm day in Westopolis. Cars are driving past, many people were walking around to their destination, and the birds are singing in harmony. The sunlight beams on an ebony figure with crimson markings over his body. That figure was none other than Shadow the Hedgehog. The tree Shadow stood at began to rustle as the wind blew. He had just came back from his mission from G.U.N and finally had a chance to relax and enjoy the lovely weather.

  Shadow was just observing the world around him, taking in every detail. Shadow looked up to the azure sky the lies above him. The way the puffy clouds and the beams from the sunlight danced calmed Shadow as he stared into it.

  "Maria would have loved to see this view," Shadow thought as he continued to gaze at the sky.

He couldn't help, but feel somewhat empty because he could not enjoy the view with his dearest friend. Ever since the incident that happened over 50 years ago, Shadow had a hole in his heart that he knew could never be filled with the loss of Maria Robotnik. A void that Shadow refuses to fill in fear of him failing to save that special someone. He refused to let anyone break the shell, so that he would not let the past tragedy repeat itself.

  As Shadow was lost in a deep thought, he failed to realize that someone was hanging from the tree to get his attention.

"Why hello brother," the figure said.

Shadow came back to his senses to realize that his half-brother, Eclipse the Darkling, was hanging from a tree branch with his tail.

  "I see your brooding as usual," Eclipse says teasingly.

Shadow shifts his gaze back to his environment, still taking in the view, "I guess you have nothing better to do if you have the need to bother me."

An eyebrow was raised as Eclipse looked at Shadow with an annoyed face. "You always have to kill the mood, don't you?"

The dark alien drops from the tree branch and lands next to Shadow to survey the environment with Shadow. There was a family walking passed consisting of two parents and a little boy. They had just bought some ice cream and were enjoying it graciously. What piqued Eclipse's interest was the desert the little boy had in his hand.

'It looks like vanilla ice cream but it was covered in what seemed like cookies,' Eclipse thought as he stares at the ice cream cone. Eclipse never had a chance to explore the many flavors, so whenever he sees a flavor he has yet to see, he gets excited.

"Hey Shadow, what flavor of ice cream is that little boy eating?" Eclipse asked sounding somewhat like a child in the process.

Shadow could not help, but chuckle to himself because of the tone Eclipse has in the question. "That flavor is called cookies and creme," Shadow said nonchalantly.

"Cookies and creme?" Eclipse asks as he tilts his head in confusion.

  "Do you remember the pack of Oreos I bought that you ate in one day?" Shadow queries and Eclipse nods his head in response. "Well cookies and creme is basically a combination of vanilla ice cream and Oreos. It's quite delicious." Shadow explains as shifts his gaze to Eclipse.

Eclipse had this look on his face that made Shadow sigh when he realize what was coming next.

"Can we go over and try some?" Eclipse asked with as he attempt to make puppy eyes, but it didn't work.

Well it did quite the opposite because the sclera in his eyes made his expression very creepy. Shadow wanted to say no, but he couldn't help but want something sweet to eat so he agreed to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Eclipse was really enjoying the frozen dessert he had in his hands. "Who would have thought that vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookies could be such a delicious combo!" Eclipse exclaims with happiness as he took another lick at his frozen dessert.