Part 6

The house was very quiet. All was still as the sun rose in the sky. Peace surrounded the house as the early birds started to sing from the trees. Shadow's ear twitched at the sound of the singing birds. He yawns and tries to get up for the day, but he notice something have on the right side of his body. Shadow tries to move again, but was struggling to escape. Shadow finally opens his eyes to see whatever was holding him down. Shadow's eyes widens in shock as he realize Blaze was cuddling onto his body as she continues to sleep peacefully. Shadow's muzzle was a little rosy as he continues to stare at Blaze.

  'So, she instinctively cuddles in her sleep,' Shadow thought as he stares into Blaze's face.

  A warm smile forms on Shadow's lips as he studied Blaze's features.

  'She is honestly a sight to behold. She is somewhat beautiful and adorable. If only we was....' Shadow's thought trailed away as he felt a pang of sadness tug at his heart. 'I can't allow that.... I do not want to repeat past tragedies. She would only get hurt if she stayed with me.' Shadow had a pained expression on his face, then he looked away from his feline friend.

  He finally untangled his body away from Blaze without disturbing her slumber and went out into the kitchen.

  "Good morning, brother." A voice spoke in the background.

  Shadow shifts his gaze to see Eclipse sitting at the dining room table. "Good morning," Shadow said as he went to the fridge to find something suitable to drink.

  "How did you sleep last night?" Eclipse asked.

  "Ok, it wasn't bad," Shadow said as he pulls out some orange juice. "I'm surprised you are awake this early."

  Eclipse chuckles, "It's only 7:00 AM. Besides, I would usually wake up at this time when you don't do so." Shadow chuckles a little as he pours the orange juice in the glass. Eclipse studies Shadow for a moment.

  "Today, is July 4th," Eclipse said.

  "Yep," Shadow said plainly.

  "When and where is Sonic's social gathering at?" Eclipse asked.

  "8:00 PM at the park on the hill where you and I usually relax at." Shadow said as he put the carton of orange juice back in the fridge.

  "Watching the fireworks can be pretty romantic, don't you think?" Eclipse asked as he studied his brother.

  Shadow walks over to his glass, "Yes I suppose. There are couples who go to see fireworks together as a date." Shadow said, then took a sip of his oj. "What are you getting at?"

  Eclipse stares at Shadow for what seems like a minute, trying to formulate a sentence so that Shadow wouldn't get annoyed.

  "Wait don't tell me," Eclipse looks up to see a  Shadow making an estranged expression. "You have a girlfriend?"

  "What!? Don't be so silly brother!" Eclipse exclaimed as his face became flustered.

  Shadow laughs as he looks back at his brother, "That's too bad. But seriously, what are you getting at?"

  Eclipse did a facepalm, then looks back at Shadow, "You know what I'm talking about." Shadow tilts his head in confusion.

  Eclipse sighs, "Do I have to spell it out for you?" Shadow shrugs, then took another sip of his oj. "It's obvious that you like Blaze-,"

  PTOOOOOOOOIE!

Shadow spat out the sip he took from his drink. He looked back Eclipse all flustered, "What!?"