Part 12

The night was young as the Egg Pawns were doing their work around the area. Blaze sat there with a tuna sandwich sitting in front of her. She's been held captive for so long in the volcano that she can't tell that it's nighttime right now. Eggman Nega came around a few minutes ago to gloat about how Blaze was finally at his mercy or how powerless she is. He sure loves to rub it in your face when he has the upper hand. After his fifteen minutes of trash talking, he finally moved on to finish whatever heinous projects he has under construction in this place.

  Blaze has been lonely since she was captured. Living with others for the past few days made her forget the feeling of being alone often. It also makes her miss a certain ebony hedgehog named Shadow. Every time she thinks of him, she just wish he could pop up out of no where like he usually does and take her away from this place. But he has yet to show up at all.

  'I know they have not forgotten about me, so what's taking so long?' Blaze was getting more and more impatient with the whole rescue thing. Being stuck in this force field is dreadful for her.

The lavender feline stood up and walked towards the edge where the force field blocks her off from freedom. The same thing always continues in this place: Egg Pawns building more Egg Pawns and other advanced robots, Metal Sonic 3.0 patrolling the area, and the sound of Dr. Eggman laughing at his favorite comedy shows in the background. Eggman Nega comes around occasionally to gloat or antagonize Blaze whenever he has the time, but right now he is nowhere to be found.

Blaze sighed, then walked back to the spot she sat on since she was captured. She sat down and curled to her knees in case Eggman Nega reappears to gloat. She closed her eyes, hoping that Shadow and the others will come to break her out of this cage soon.

"Ok, repeat the part one more time."

"Knuckles, it's not that hard to understand." Sonic cuts his eyes at the red guardian.

"Hey! I just want to make sure I remember this perfectly, so we can save Blaze!" Knuckles yelled at the azure hedgehog.

"Guys, please settle down. We have to make sure we all know what we're doing, ok?" Tails pleaded with the two, but they were too busy butting heads with each other.

"Maybe if Knuckles would just pay attention, then we would be on our way already." Sonic snickers as he rubs his nose.

Knuckles clenched his teeth and raised his fist at the blue blur, "I swear I can't stand dealing with that smug attitude of your's!"

Sonic smirked, "Well, it's a part of my charm."

"Guys, pleas-," Tails began.

Knuckles growls, "How about I knock that charm off of your face then."

"You can try, Knuxie!" Sonic teased.

"HEY!"

Sonic and Knuckles turned their attention towards the pink hedgehog with a Piko Piko hammer in her hands. Amy continues, "Stop arguing and switch gears! This is serious."

"Yeah, and if you two continue, Amy won't be the only one bringing the pain." Eclipse said calmly and pointed behind him.

Sonic and Knuckles look past the darkling to see a ebony hedgehog glowing red with anger. Shadow glared ice, cold daggers at the both of them as his fists were clenched tightly. Sonic and Knuckles laughed nervously as they stare at the the angry ultimate life form.

"Remember, Blaze, Shadow's girlfriend, is held captive by Eggman Nega, so if you delay this any further then he will blow a fuse." Infinite states as he folds his arms.