Part 16

The smoke was clearing in the air. The sound of metallic objects falling to the ground and the static charges from destroyed wiring could be heard throughout the whole area. The Chaos beam has created a shockwave that decimated the area it was shot towards. A large hole was made in the walls, and the starry, night sky could be seen through the holes.

"Woah," a shocked Eggman Nega stares in awe of the whole destruction that was caused in front of him. "This power... is more magnificent than I could ever imagine."

Eggman turns his gaze to the speechless Nega with a huge smirk on his demeanor, "Would you say that the Master Emerald's power can rival that of the Jeweled Scepter in the Sol Dimension?"

"In terms of raw power alone..... no, but this power is still sublime nonetheless," Nega responds, eyes still glued to the scene in front of him. "Such destructive power. We will defeat those little nuisances and complete our goals once and for all! Hahahahahahahaha!"

Both of them were cackling while getting the Egg Dragoon to mobilize itself from where Shadow slammed the body into the wall. Far in the distance, a flash of light appears shielded by a torn up platform that's been ripped upwards; not visible to the Eggmen's view. Shadow, Blaze, and Eclipse appears out of the flash of light. Shadow breathes in and out from exhaustion, while Blaze and Eclipse looks off into the distance at the collateral damage caused by the enormous beam of Chaos energy. The shockwave from it caused the whole area to shake as if an earthquake was made in the area. A lot of robot scrap laying on the ground lifeless from the attack. A bunch of metallic objects and rocks were falling down from above. Lastly, the giant hole that was made from the beam of Chaos energy. The starry, night sky could be seen from deep inside the volcano through the giant holes that were made. Bits of lava could be seen flowing through some of the craters made, melting whatever comes within its touch.

Eclipse stare at the scenery in front of him with an uneasy feeling in his gut. He turns to the fiery cat, who was also staring at the damaged area in shock, "This is just great. We're dealing with a machine that can utilize that much power from the Master Emerald." He turns his gaze to his brother who was sitting quietly to himself. "This is a lot more difficult than any of us could have anticipated."

"Yes, it has proven to be much more trouble than we've bargained for, but surely we can still win," Blaze spoke, then shifts her amber eyes to Shadow's intense, crimson orbs. She looks at him for reassurance, "Right?"

Shadow remains silent for a few seconds, getting an understanding of the whole situation. Shadow wasn't shocked that Dr. Eggman has betrayed his word since it's Eggman that he's thinking about. He's manipulated Shadow so many times in the past that he refuses to let that ever happen again; now here he has having fell into Eggman's trapped, like a cornered animal clawing at its hunters. The dark hedgehog curses to himself quietly for ever believing the doctor in the first place. Now they're in a situation where his friends and he won't leave unscathed, and regret will hit him hard if he lets anyone get hurt or worse.

"Shadow?" A feminine voice snaps Shadow back into reality, then he looks up to meet a concerned Blaze staring at him intently. She continues, "Are you alright?"

Shadow nods his head quickly and rose to his feet, "I'm fine."

Eclipse eyes him with an unreadable expression, convinced that something was bothering him, but he decided not to probe. Shadow walks over to join Blaze and Eclipse to observe the destruction that was made in front of him. He takes in the burning scent of the air around him before exhaling. The increase in temperature was noticeable towards the dark hedgehog due to the radiation from the Chaos beam and the imbalance of the lava flows. He closed his eyes to think to himself, leaving Blaze to stare at him in worry. Eclipse looks in the direction of the Egg Dragoon around the torn on debris to see what they were doing right now. It seems that they are currently searching for the trio, as they were moving debris around with quick haste. The sound of the Eggmen's voices could be heard as they search for the trio, eagerness weighing in heavily on the tone of their voice.