Part 14

"So what will it be? Ultimate life form?" Eggman Nega had a devious expression on his face.

  Shadow stood quiet as he glared at the nefarious scientist that stood between him and Blaze. Shadow looks over at Blaze and stares at her for a few seconds. Blaze was looking back at him with a worried expression; wondering what is going to happen next.

  "Shadow," Shadow turns his head towards Eggman Nega. Eggman Nega continues, "I don't have all day. Now where is it!?"

  Shadow looks over to Infinite and Eclipse. Both of them nod their heads at him, then Shadow turns back to the evil scientist. Shadow reached behind him and pulls the Sol Emerald out in his hands. Blaze eyes widen as she stared at Shadow with a bewildered expression.

Eggman Nega began to grin even more as he stares at the Sol Emerald in Shadow's hand, "Good, good. I knew you wouldn't let me down. Now, bring it to me."

  "Release her first." Shadow said very calmly.

  "Shadow!! Have you lost your mind!?" Blaze cries in the background. She was angry and saddened at the same time as the events unfold in front of her.

  "Shadow," Eclipse calls out to his brother. "Are you sure about this?"

  "You see the way Blaze is looking at you right now. I don't think this is a good idea." Infinite added with a disagreeing look.

  Shadow looks up to see a flustered Blaze standing at the edge where the force field lies. She had teeth clenched as she stared at him with fearful eyes. Shadow sighs, then began walking towards Eggman Nega.

  "Shadow! Stop this madness now," Blaze cried out as she watched her partner commit a mortal sin in front of her eyes. "Shadow don't do this! Please!"

  Shadow stops and looks at Blaze with an apologetic expression, "I'm sorry Blaze, but-,"

  "No you will not! You can't give him that Sol Emerald!" Blaze cried as her eyes began to water.

  "But-," Shadow began.

  "Shadow!" Blaze voice turned raspy as she glared at the ebony hedgehog. "Don't you dare do it. Please, I'm begging you! I'd rather you keep my Emerald and let me suffer than hand it over to Eggman Nega for my sake!"

  Shadow stood speechless as he studied her. He didn't like deceiving her because she was hurting inside thinking the emerald in his hand was the real deal. As much as it ate him up inside seeing her like this, he has to suck it up now for the plan to work. Shadow closed his eyes, then looked over to Eggman Nega. He was enjoying Blaze's reaction and Shadow was disgusted with the egg-shaped man and hisself. He shook his head and took another step.

  Blaze gasps as she watch Shadow walked closer to them, "Shadow! Have you listen to anything I said! Under no circumstance should you give him the emerald. My life is not worth-,"

  "I've made my decision Blaze!" Shadow yelled loudly. He winced a little at how loud he spoke. He knows that he'll have to apologize a lot when this is over.

  Infinite and Eclipse was also taken aback at Shadow for yelling like that, even if this was an act. Both of them turn towards Eggman Nega and he looks like he was enjoying the whole scene a little too much. It seems all was going according to plan.

  Blaze stopped for a second and stared at him in disbelief. She began again, "Shadow, do you know what chaos he will bring if you give him my emerald!?"

  Shadow closed his eyes, then looks her in the eyes, "Blaze, I need you to do me a favor."

  Blaze looks at Shadow in confusion. Thinking about what he could possibly be asking when he's committing to doing the opposite of what she wants.