Part 17

"Take this!" Nega roars loudly.

The Egg Dragoon aims its arm cannon at the heroes racing towards them. Volleys of Chaos blasts were shot from the hand cannon. Explosions sound off around the area as the heroes maneuvers around the Chaos blasts. Sonic speeds through the attack and made his way near the reactor.

"Oh no, you don't!" Eggman reacts quickly as he scrambles across his controls

The Egg Dragon brought forth it's drill arm and makes a vertical throw towards where Sonic was running. Sonic smirks at this, then moves faster. He dodges out of the drill's way, then boosts toward the reactor.

"Darn it!" Nega grinds his teeth in frustration.

The Egg Dragoon attempts to move away, but Sonic was moving too fast for their attempt to be successful. Sonic was merely seconds away from the reactor. The blue blur began to spindash at the reactor.

"Sonic look out!" Tails calls from behind him, but he was too late.

WHAM!

"Aagh, " Sonic was knocked away with a powerful attack from his right side.

Sonic catches his footing and lands safely away from the Egg Dragoon. He finally looks up to see his adversary. Metal Sonic stood in front of him menacingly. Its red eyes fixated on the blue blur in front of it.

Sonic scratch his head, "Metal? I thought I dealt with you earlier?"

"THAT GOO COULD NOT CONTAIN ME, " Metal Sonic states monotonously.

Sonic shrugs his shoulders, "Oh well, you've only come here to get your metal butt kicked with the two Eggbreaths over there."

"You're jokes are becoming worse and worse each time, " Knuckles growls in annoyance.

Sonic whips his head towards the red echidna, "Better than anything you could ever come up with!"

"Knuckles has a point. You were a lot better at insulting Dr. Eggman before, but you've been declining, " Silver spoke nonchalantly.

"Hey, it's not my fault I can't get a better script!" Sonic yells at Silver, flustered.

"Come on guys! Stay focused! We're fighting two Eggmen remember!?" Amy yells, an aggravated scowl on her face.

"Oh no, by all means. Continue telling the self-centered hedgehog that his jokes are bad please, " Eggman chuckles in delight.

Nega face-palms himself at his partner having a laughing session in the middle of their fight. He shrugs off his comrade and glares at the heroes in front if him. They were occupied from their supposed argument that started.

"Since they're not paying attention, why don't I go on the offensive," Nega began to grin to himself.

The Egg Dragoon move its arm cannon and aims it directly at the heroes. Amy turns her head as a charging sound was made behind her. Her eyes widens as she sees a bright green light illuminating from the arm of the Egg Dragoon.

"GUYS LOOK OUT!" Amy exclaims as she points at the Egg Dragoon.

Knuckles clenches his teeth, then turns to everyone else, "SCATTER!"

"Fire!" Nega roars.

A large chaos blast was shot from it's arm cannon. Everyone began to move quickly. They've dispersed away from each other safely.

BOOM!

The energy shot caused an explosion against the ground. The energy shot was enough to cause the ground to shake. Something was not right as Tails began to look around to see anything was abnormal. He ran towards the edge to see lava flows began to swish around in a slight violent manner. Tails looks back at the Egg Dragoon who was wildly shooting energy shots at the team of heroes running around it, missing each shot as collateral damage was occurring from the surrounding area.