Part 3

Disclaimer: All characters are owned by Sega. Credit to the artist for the picture above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. A lot of armed mercenaries are walking around oblivious to the ebony hedgehog surveying the area on top of the pipes above them.

  'Ok, there are six guys here. Three armed with assault rifles, two with electrified weapons, and one giant guy with a mini gun in his hands," Shadow thought as he continue to survey the area.

  Since taking out the big guy would cause a lot of noice, Shadow decides that taking out the small fry should come first. Shadow quietly jumps to the pipe above a man with an AR who stood by himself at the bridge. Swiftly and quietly, Shadow drops down and punches him with a enough forces to knock him out. Then, Shadow rolls into a open vent and crawls towards his next victims. Shadow pushes against the crate blocking his exit without alerting the enemy and slid it out the way. Once the two guys with guns had turned their backs, Shadow jumps up and smashes their heads together knocking them both unconscious. Shadow jumps back onto the pipes above and surveys the area. He noticed that the guys with the electrified weapons split up at the stairway. The problem was that the guy who took a left turn would notice the guy sleeping at the bridge. Shadow walks quietly over to the guy that's about to walk to the bridge.

  "Huh?" the man said in a panicking tone. He noticed a pair of feet on the ground. "Oh crap," the man realizes they're not alone.

  "Hey-," before he could get a sound out, Shadow pulls behind him and subdues him. The man struggles because he couldn't breathe until he went to sleep. With that, there are two more people left, the guy with the electric whip and the giant with the mini gun. They haven't noticed the guys Shadow has taken out so far, so Shadow still had the element of surprise.

  Shadow jumps onto the ledge and looked down. Luckily for him, the guy with the electric whip was walking under him. Shadow swiftly subdued him as quietly as he can.

  "Hey, anyone copy," a deep voice asked which made Shadow's ears flick.

  The giant with the mini gun had a mic and was trying to reach out to anyone. Shadow turns around and realizes the man was behind him. The giant man finally notices the ebony figure.

  "What the hell!?" the brute exclaimed. "You're the one who took out my men!?"

  Shadow stood up silently as his crimson eyes observes the brute, searching for a weakness. With that, the brute took the mini gun and started shooting at Shadow. Luckily for Shadow, he had a quick reaction time and moved out the way.

  "Chaos control!" Shadow said and disappears.

  "What the-! Where'd he go!?" the brute hisses angrily, then looks around around for the ebony hedgehog.

  A flash of light lit behind the brute and Shadow strikes the man's leg, bringing the brute's face to his height and Shadow threw a fast haymaker towards the brute's face knocking him into a wall. And with that, all the mercenaries were dealt with.

  'Thank chaos I played the Batman Arkham games,' Shadow thought as he relaxes his muscles.

"I expected no less from the ultimate life form," a voice came from a speaker in the ceiling. "You even beat your own record of two minutes and fifteen seconds."

  Shadow smirks at the last remark. He was trying to beat his old record of two minutes and sixteen seconds for awhile now. Shadow stood triumphant. The whole place around him disappeared into a blue digital void. Once the door opened, Shadow made his way up to the console where Topaz stood with a couple other soldiers. They all congratulated Shadow on breaking his record in stealth combat. Little did he know that Blaze was also observing Shadow's crusade in the simulator. Once the soldiers and Topaz went to check out for the day, Shadow finally notices that Blaze was standing in the corner waiting for the others to leave.