Part 8

Shadow and the others raced towards Green Hill Zone quickly in search for the sighting of Sol Energy. As they were approaching their destination, Shadow tried to sense the Sol energy within the vicinity. Seems that it's very weak, so it's hard for him to pinpoint the exact location.

'I hope we haven't missed our chance.' Shadow thought as they raced within Green Hill Zone.

  Shadow went to a complete halt and the others followed him. Shadow looked at the coordinates the commander has sent, then looked up for any signs of the Sol Emerald. "It say we're here." Shadow stated.

  Sonic looked around aimlessly, "Are you sure? I don't see anything." Sonic said.

"It has to be," Blaze replied. "I can feel the Sol energy here."

  "This is very different from when we first sighted the Sol Emerald," Shadow said. "There was a lot of Sol Energy within the area when the Sol Emerald was around."

Infinite finished his analysis, "And yet there's very little here. Either the Emerald was here awhile ago, or something else happened."

  "Correct," Shadow said. "Let's split up into small groups to get more cover of the area. Rouge, fly above to scope out from sky view. Call if any of you find anything."

Everyone nodded and went into small teams: Shadow and Blaze, Silver and Sonic, and Infinite and Eclipse. Rouge scoped out the area from above. They all went their separate directions in search for any signs of the Sol Emerald. Blaze tried sensing out the Sol energy, but it was difficult.

  'Come on, it has to be here somewhere!' Blaze thought as she looked around.

  She was panting as she frantically looked around for her last emerald.

  "Blaze, calm down."

  Blaze turned around to see Shadow. "I can't calm down! I refuse to let my emerald escape me this time!" Shadow stared at Blaze for a few seconds.

  Shadow closed his eyes and sighed, "Blaze, I need you to calm your mind. It's very clouded with anxiety from what I can see," Shadow said. He walked over to Blaze and put his hand onto we shoulder. "Everything will work out fine Blaze. You have to trust me in order for this to work." Blaze stared at Shadow thoughtfully and took slow breathes.

  She looked back up at her ebony companion, "Sorry Shadow. I do trust you a lot. I'm just-,"

  "Anxious to get your emerald back." Shadow said.

  Blaze smiled, "Yeah, sorry about that."

  Shadow smiled and walked forward, "You don't have to apologize princess. Besides," Shadow turned his head a little towards Blaze. "Your ultimate dark knight is at your service."

Blaze laughed aloud as Shadow smirked and turned his head forward.

  'At least that got her in a good mood.' Shadow thought.

  Blaze walked over to him and pulled his face towards hers. Shadow blushed a little as he looked at Blaze in confusion. Blaze leaned in and gave Shadow a quick smooch. Shadow's face was very hot as he tasted Blaze's lips for a split second.

  Then, Blaze leaned up to Shadow's ear and whispered, "Well, shall we get going my dark knight?"

  Shadow was shivering as his stomach felt very weak. Blaze smiled at Shadow as she walked forward to continue her search for the Sol Emerald. Shadow watched her walk away, then took a few deep breathes.

"She should not do that during a mission. I don't know if I can handle her doing that." Shadow scoffed at himself. He walked after Blaze.

"Give me a break."