Part 9

Metal Sonic charged at Shadow and Rouge. Shadow grabbed Rouge and jumped out of the way and Metal crashed into a wall. "Rouge, stay behind me! I'll push through the hoards coming in, so that we do not get trapped in this small room!" Shadow yelled.

  Rouge stood behind Shadow, preparing to follow Shadow's attack. Yellow energy flowed around Shadow, then Shadow began boosting through all of the Egg Robots in front of him. The Egg Robots were being blown away as Shadow ran near the speed of sound. Some robots seen Shadow coming and tried to run out of the way, but they've failed miserably. Shadow rammed into two giant doors and him and Rouge found themselves in a more spacious area. More hoards of Egg Robots ran into the room to face the ebony and ivory heroes. Metal Sonic crashes through and landed in front of the duo.

  Shadow glared at Metal and got into his fighting stance, "I'll handle Metal Sonic! You handle the others!" Shadow barked.

  "Yes sir, King Shadow!" Rouge teased.

  Metal and Shadow charged at each other and the clash caused a tiny shockwave within the room. Shadow gave Metal a hard roundhouse kick and it made Metal stagger. Metal recovered himself and parry Shadow's next attack. POW! Metal sent Shadow flying into some consoles within the room. Shadow stood back up and teleported. Metal looks around searching for his ebony opponent. Little did he know that Shadow was above him. Shadow did a spindash and homes in on Metal. CRAAAASH!!! Shadow smashed Metal through the steel floor under them.

Rouge smashed all the robots that came her way. One after another she would tear through with ease, as the robots threw themselves at her. Rouge flew and starts tossing her mini bombs towards the robots causing them to explode. Most of the room was cleared, then more robots came in running.

  Rouge looked around and sighs, "I did not sign up for this!"

  CRAAASH!! Shadow appears through the hole made from the floor and Metal came up and kicks him to the ground. Shadow recovered his footing and did his signature attack. "Chaos Spear!" He through the yellow energy bolt at Metal.

  Metal dodged the bolt with a simple sidestep. Before the bolt passed through, Shadow snaps his finger causing the bolt to explode near Metal's face. Metal was stagnant and dazed, so Shadow took his opportunity. Shadow dashed and punches Metal to the ground. He grabbed Metal's ankle and tosses him around like a rag doll. Shadow slammed the azure robot into the ground multiple times and kicked Metal into a wall. The collision caused Metal to lose grip of the Sol Emerald. Shadow's eyes widen as the Sol Emerald dropped to the ground. Shadow without hesitation ran towards the emerald.

  WHAM!!!

  Shadow was knocked away from the emerald by something really hard. Shadow winced as his head was throbbing from the impact. Shadow grabbed his head as he stood to face his attacker. Shadow moved his hand away from his head and realized that the attack from before caused a gash on his head. A little drip of blood drop from Shadow's forehead as Shadow turns his head towards his attacker with a ferocious growl. The attacker was exactly like Metal Sonic, but his colors were different. A matte black color with yellow highlights surrounding him.

  "I don't remember Dr. Robotnik creating you!" Shadow spat.

"That's because he did not create this robot."

Shadow turns his head towards a monitor that is running and his eyes grew wide in shock. "Eggman.... Nega!?" Shadow stared at the monitor in surprised.

  Nega chuckles, "Hehehe, the one and only. You must be Shadow the Hedgehog, the ultimate lifeform I assume?"

  Shadow glares at the monitor while Rouge landed next to him. "I thought Blaze took care of you from you're last attack against her kingdom." Rouge said with furrowed eyebrows.