CHAPTER 2.

The liquid has turned Honey-gold. A sonnet can be heard, the Audra it's singer. Soon the Eira will eclipse sunshine. The earth is quivering from the loud thumping of foots and hearts, as the soldiers march.As mist and mellow take their leave, the trees cry, flowers wail and weep.

However the nature is anxious, for, this time, season is not the only thing that will change.

Water has been a constant companion of Coralia Sorceress, the only family of her grandmother, Muriel Sorceress and the undisputable owner of a small cottage in Lively Thicket, a tiny village near the large Dura empire, built on the banks of the Gr...

Water has been a constant companion of Coralia Sorceress, the only family of her grandmother, Muriel Sorceress and the undisputable owner of a small cottage in Lively Thicket, a tiny village near the large Dura empire, built on the banks of the Grey river.

Their village has not accommodated many people in the name of population. Out of which only an orphan boy of 13 years has the courage to converse with Coralia, easily ignoring the weirdness of her grandmother, which is the reason behind a series of harsh comments and cruel behaviour of the people surrounding her.

Therefore she comfortably found a companion in the water, after whose plants she was named, and its creatures.

All her emotions are felt, her queries are answered and her difficulties are solved by the blue.

The transparent, odourless liquid is her advisor, her mentor and her confidant, all of them and all of everything, whom and which she never had and will potentially never have in her lonely, bizarre life.

She admires water for his without any expectation giving, for his not returned benevolence and his easy adjustable behaviour.

His silence calms her soul, his power gives her strength and his motion inspires her progress.

The deep liquid with infinite secrets has become her safe station.

"Coralia, Coraliaaaa.........." comes the old voice of her sick grandmother followed by loud coughs.

"Coming" quickly replies Coralia although she had no intention of parting from her friend.

But she stands up, the thought of her sick grandmother, who is now more eccentric, roaming around their small home, bothering her.

She plucks the leaves from the plants near her, the important ingredient of the medicine she prepares and sells, the only source of their living, and ran to assist her granny.

Muriel is a healthy woman with large rimmed glasses around her eyes, small nose and full lips on her face. She has a big belly and tiny legs that made her comical. She always wears a big gown with frill at its end and two pink slippers.

But her specialty is her madness. She is certainly normal but behaved and acted like freak, scaring everybody around her.

"Where weere you fatty?" Muriel speaks loudly.

"With grey." Coralia replies while arranging the leaves which she had just gathered. Since Coralia had considered the river as her soulmate she had personified it.