CHAPTER 12.

They break trust, when you speak them so much, as if they are right. They shatter heart, tear soul apart, when their presence comes to light. Easily they slip from the brims of mouth, even the eyes now hide. You speak it once, then hundred again, to cover the one you spoke, that day with a smile.

These will end me, if you don't end them. Your lies are too painful, I just cannot bear them. I beg you to stop, for if it will not, I am afraid then, our 'us' will be lost, and it will be all your fault.

 I beg you to stop, for if it will not, I am afraid then, our 'us' will be lost, and it will be all your fault

Standing near the taffrail, Coralia stares deep into the dark night, a whirlwind of emotions inside her. As the wind gently blows her hair she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, trying to calm her disturbed conscience.

She is feeling cheated, lied upon.

'Why did he do that?'

'What else had he lied about?'

'Am I safe with him?'

Visions, dreams and now lies, What has her live come to? She was living peacefully in her small village, making medicines and taking care of her only family, her grandmother.

And then one day, one encounter, one glance and it all changes.

She misses her cranky granny, her small warm home, her tiny village and her companion, grey.

"Oh grey!" she whispers into the silent breeze.

"What are you doing here Cora? You were supposed to be resting and look at you, wearing nothing warm in this chilly night." Casio remarks as he puts a shawl made of furs around her shoulders.

"Thankyou." Coralia says.

She looks deep into his eyes, searching for truth or maybe she is searching for lies.

"What, what happened? Why are you looking at me like that?" Casio questions and then chuckles, trying to avoid her piercing stare.

"Like what?" Coralia gently questions. Today she is the one who will need answers.

"Like as if you are seeking something." Casio looks at her and replies.

"Did you hide something that I need to seek?" Coralia asks in a serious tone.

'She is not like her normal self.' Casio realises. Her questions are complicated, like a puzzle, they are trying to trap him, to defeat him in his own game.

She is not asking something difficult and the answers which she wants are hidden in her own questions, she is just waiting for him to speak them out, loud and clear.

'Does she knows?' he wonders. 'No she can't. She cannot.' He convinces himself.

"No I am hiding nothing." Casio replies with confidence. He won't lose or would give up.