CHAPTER 17.

My breathing is heavy, ears red, the fury I felt is unimaginable. My heart is squeezed, thrown and crushed, the moment I saw it happen. Mine, mine, only mine screams my every notion. Such is jealousy, bitter and tortuous, for the one who doubts his trust.

"I hope that my Kingdom will not face any disasters now that you are here and staying with us

"I hope that my Kingdom will not face any disasters now that you are here and staying with us." King Hazard speaks bitterly and mocks at Casio for believing him to be, like others, unlucky.

Casio merely smiles, ignoring the hurt. He remembers Coralia's words, the anger she showed when she realised the way the King and others at the court were looking at him. Her words have made it easier for him to bear them, with a smile.

"How come you are travelling alone? Where is your brother? I am sure I will be more interested in trading with him, the one who will get the throne after your father's demise." King Hazard says as he takes another sip from his golden goblet and continues to walk slowly.

"His majesty must be aware of my father's current condition that he is not in good health so my brother has to take care of the state affairs, he is quite occupied there. Moreover the deal I am going to propose to you is more beneficial and interesting." Casio says, his words echoing in the empty corridor.

"Are you going to overthrow your brother and ask for my help?" the King laughs as he questions him, enjoying dearly in testing Casio's patience.

"I am not aware about Vroton but in Lyra brothers don't fight against one another, they fight together. Since that must have answered your question, I am sure you must have heard about Daq." The prince spoke slowly as he wanted to see the reaction of the king after every word.

The king grew stiff, his fingers shaking a little. This is the reaction, no matter whether you are a poor farmer or the king of the Animus realm,Daq's mere name is enough for a person to have hundreds of sleepless nights while trembling with fear.

"The Daq will not harm us. His oath prevents him to do so. The Animus, Pocus and Oceus are not to worry for his vengeance is only for Terus realm. Also if you have come to ask for my help then not only Vroton other kingdoms will also not help you. No one invites Death at their threshold." The king spokes loudly and seriously his mocking voice long gone.

"I am certainly aware of that your majesty. Lyra will fight its own battle. Even if we die, we will die fighting till the Audra itself leaves our bodies. Also if you are under the impression that Daq only wants Terus then you are wrong. What he wants is power and he will not stop until he has every ounce of it in his hands. But my visit to Vroton is neither to ask for help and nor to make you aware. It has been brought to my notice that you have a piece of the map to the lost treasure of Valhalla. I need that piece." Casio says as he brings the goblet to his lips.

"This.... I was not expecting prince. Why would a banished prince require the piece of a map that leads to nothing?" the King again mocks him, his curiosity now at its peak.